Welcome to the APBWeb.
    bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Police Union To Picket Olympic Visit

Police union to picket during Olympic visit :: CHICAGO SUN-TIMES :: Politics

Almost two years without a contract with the city. The city crys poor, but the city has money for the Olympics. The Mayor and the Aldermen voted themselves a hefty raise but only offered us 1.1%, a slap in the face to every cop here. We are fed up
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good for you, sometimes I wish big city departments like yours could just go on strike for a couple of days theirby eliminating LE presencse and see what happens.

Another point. Anytime the Olympics show up it costs the taxpayers alot. I would not want them anywhere near my area.

Good luck and let us know how it goes.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If the city supported the police with salary, policies and equipment, Chicago would be a model city for the Olympics....
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

bird1 is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO

Here is a vid of our march on City Hall, and it was a great turn out by the way. National FOP President Chuck Caterbury was there along side State FOP President Ted Street, we had alot of support. Chicago Lodge #7 did a great job I was very proud to be out there and be a Police Officer that day. Sorry I couldn't give an update right away I couldn't log in to O/R at the time. NO CONTRACT NO PEACE!!!
    " The hardest thing about disarming an armed suspect is not slipping on your own shit "

Michael P. Gordon E.O.W 08 Aug 2004

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That's an awesome sight. I totally agree...you can't support me and mine? We're not going out of the way for your city (and Admin) to be in the spotlight. Take care of the people at home first.

Although Denver's mayor here has said he's got serious plans to rally for the Olympics too. ugh.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Thread Information