Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Man kills sisters on 5 year old's birthday

Man Kills Sisters on 5-Year-Old's Birthday By GLEN JOHNSON, AP
    MILTON, Mass. (March 29) -- A man on a rampage fatally stabbed his 17-year-old sister, decapitated his 5-year-old sister in front of a police officer and then headed toward his 9-year-old sister before officers shot him amid what their chief described as "a killing field."There is no clear motive yet for the events that unfolded about 5 p.m. Saturday in this tiny Boston suburb that is also home to Gov. Deval Patrick. But there is no doubt at the carnage wrought by 23-year-old Kerby Revelus against his three sisters in the two-family home they shared with their parents and grandmother. In a shocking killing spree, a 23-year-old man stabbed his 17-year-old sister to death and then decapitated his 5-year-old sister -- during the younger girl's birthday party Saturday in Milton, Mass. Cops shot and killed the man, identified as Kerby Revelus, as he moved toward a third sister, who was wounded. Bianca was killed as a cake for her 5th birthday sat on the kitchen table. Sarafina, 9, dialed 911 and watched police shoot her brother as her elder sister, Samantha, lay dead on the floor.Sarafina was hospitalized Sunday at the Boston Medical Center with defensive wounds to her hands and stab wounds in her abdomen and one of her legs."In policing, we see the raw human emotion every day, but to think that a human being could afflict such an atrocious, violent act on his own family is unbelievable," Milton police Chief Richard G. Wells Jr. told The Associated Press."When I walked up to the first officer (on the scene), I could see the whole story right in his face. This just told me that this was something very bad," Wells said.
    Kerby Revelus had recently served jail time on a gun charge, Wells said, but the details would not be released until courts opened Monday. Police had been called to the same house in 2004 after a domestic violence report of Revelus allegedly punching one of the women living in the home, Wells said.Saturday's attack came about 24 hours after Revelus had gotten into a fistfight with a man living next door, Wells said."Blows were exchanged," he said. "I don't know the cause of it, but we're confident that did happen. He had been agitated in the hours that followed that, going into the day and last night."Investigators believe that Revelus targeted Samantha, a 17-year-old senior at Milton High School, and fatally stabbed her with a household knife while their grandmother was doing laundry in the basement. At the time, the children's parents were away; their mother is a nurse at a Boston hospital, Wells said.
    Her identity, as well as that of the father, were not immediately available.Sarafina, an elementary school student, called 911 just before 5 p.m. An officer on patrol in the neighborhood arrived within a minute, Wells said, and could hear an altercation inside as he reached the second floor. The 911 operator tried to persuade Sarafina to open the door, but when she did not, the officer broke through."As the officer entered the door, he decapitated (Bianca) in front of him," said Wells. "He actually walked into a killing field. He walked into such carnage, as far as the atrocity of it, I've never seen it."Within moments, four officers were inside and two of them shot Revelus as he tried to get to Sarafina, Wells said. He fell still clutching the knife.Details about the number of shots and who killed Revelus were pending the outcome of an autopsy Sunday. Jocelyn Ashley, 18, who attended Milton High with Samantha, told The Boston Globe that Kerby Revelus was "a loner," but Samantha was friendly and excited about the prom.Milton High School Principal John Drottar said Samantha was a member of the poetry club and planned to attend college this fall."She was a wonderful young lady, a great student, and just a sweetheart of a kid," Drottar said.A two-hour grief counseling session was held at the school Sunday afternoon and will be offered Monday to students and employees, he said.The officers involved in the case were placed on administrative leave and were receiving counseling from the Boston Police Department stress unit, Wells said.

Unbelieveable evil exists in this world folks.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Terminator is offline BANNED
    What a sick fuck.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    The officers involved in the case were placed on administrative leave and were receiving counseling from the Boston Police Department stress unit, Wells said.
    Unbelievable evil exists in this world folks.
    Yes, the fight with sin IS real. There ARE some real monsters in this world. You folks in the LE profession don't need me to tell you that for you see and deal with this very often on the job.

And they wonder why some LEO's get PTSD. I sincerely hope that the officers involved in all traumatic incidents such as this will take the time to get counseling to get through these types of events.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

mike01 is offline patrol deputy
    Verified LEO
    I hope the devil cuts his head off.
    Please do not mistake my kindness for weakness.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That is some fucked up shit. Prayers for the officer that had to witness something like that.

Just goes to show that no matter what kind of "sleepy suburb" you work in, you're not immunte to encountering some true evil.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Wow.

Not to be morbid but how the hell did he decapitate the one child in front of an officer? Not an easy task...

Just so sad for the girls who died but even more sad for the little girl and the officer who had to witness it and now have to live with those images. I cant even imagine...
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    That is some fucked up shit. Prayers for the officer that had to witness something like that.
    Agreed, and to the remaining family members as well.

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    What the fuck?
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    What the fuck?
    Good question , Norm... good question.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information