Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking Doctors calling for more research into persistant sexual arousal syndrome

Doctors are calling for more research into a very rare, poorly understood syndrome that is the opposite of the most common sexual complaint in women.
    Instead of failing to get aroused, women suffering from persistent sexual arousal syndrome (PSAS) experience constant, unprovoked feelings of excitement.

"Persistent sexual arousal syndrome occurs when a woman becomes involuntarily aroused for extended periods of time in the absence of sexual desire," said Dr David Goldmeier, of St Mary's Hospital in London.

But rather than being a pleasant sensation, Goldmeier, who described PSAS in a report in the International Journal of STD & AIDS, said it is embarrassing and very distressing for women.

Some sufferers have reported being suicidal, he added.

In the majority of cases the cause is unknown but a number of women report symptoms after they stop taking antidepressants known as selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors.
    Because so few cases have been studied, little is known about the prevalence of the problem or the best treatments for a condition that was first diagnosed in 2001.

"It deserves continued research, not only because it is a distressing and perplexing condition, but also because ... treatment may lead to greater understanding of other aspects of female sexual response," said Goldmeier and Dr Sandra Leiblum of the Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in Piscataway, New Jersey.

The International Journal of STD & AIDS is published by the Royal Society of Medicine in London.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Do they need researchers to get on board?

I don't see the problem here.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Terminator is offline BANNED

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    Do they need researchers to get on board?

Actually they do, and based on some of your drunken posts, you might be the perfect fit for the job.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator
    If you have any questions, problems, suggestions, or need to contact me, e-mail me here:

Yes, I have a question, a problem, and a suggestion:

Q: Same as 121Traffic's question.
    P: Same as 121Traffic's comment about the problem.
    S: Advertise for them to join LEF so we can comfort them
    Last edited by TXCharlie; 03-24-06 at 05:17 PM.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    1) I'll help with the research.
    2) I really don't see a problem with this.
    3) They need to find a way to duplicate this syndrome.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by cntryboy0531
    1) I'll help with the research.
    2) I really don't see a problem with this.
    3) They need to find a way to duplicate this syndrome.
    Duplicate it? Hell, they need to put it in goddamn pill form! And we could have a name and slogan contest on LEF.

My initial entry would be "Vaginilis...it's like the roofie that you WANT to take!"
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

cntryboy0531 is offline THE five-oh
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic
    Duplicate it? Hell, they need to put it in goddamn pill form! And we could have a name and slogan contest on LEF.

My initial entry would be "Vaginilis...it's like the roofie that you WANT to take!"

Liquid form, that way it can be put into drinks.

Thread Information