Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Teenager arrested for wearing baggy trousers cites Prince Harry and David Beckham as evidence the trend is 'cool'

She told the judge: 'They're expressing that they need to be able to fit into the group that they're with at the time.
    'They're part of a community that follows the hip-hop music scene, that possibly is rebellious.'

Defence lawyer John Rivera told the Daily Mail last night: 'We were illustrating how this has become a mainstream fashion.
    'The pictures of Prince Harry had him showing his underwear and the point we were making was that technically, looking like that, he would be in violation of the Riviera Beach ordinance and qualify for punishment.
    'So someone had better tell Prince Harry to stay away from Riviera Beach, or he could be in trouble.'
    The case comes amid concern that low-slung trousers are associated with gangster culture because of the trend's origins in the prison system - where inmates are forced to remove belts for safety reasons.
    Even President Barack Obama has urged American youth to hike up their waistbands.

He said in an interview last year: 'Brothers should pull up their pants. Some people might not want to see your underwear - and I'm one of them.'
    The case continues.

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Brits have laws on how you wear your clothes????

I don't condone kids doing that, but making it illegal seems a bit big brotherish to me.....
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    ...making it illegal seems a bit big brotherish to me.....

A bit? Hell, I couldn't imagine what you find very big brother-ish. It's a total violation of our rights (this happened in the USA) and a total government intrusion. You don't make laws on shit like this. They should ban everyone from office that supports something like this. This kid has an arrest record and had to spend a night in jail...because he wears baggy pants. Tacky? Hell yes. Annoying? Hell yes. Do I hate it? Hell yes. Do I wannna make a law against it? HELL NO. What's next, a law against wearing hats backwards or wearing pants that are too tight.

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    A bit? Hell, I couldn't imagine what you find very big brother-ish.
    I'm practicing understatement......

Unfortunately, there are right wing factions in this country that would find that just fine. They think the world should conform to their personal standards. The ACLU can be a total pain in the ass, but without people like them, you can bet that there would be similar laws here.

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

I'm practicing understatement......

Unfortunately, there are right wing factions in this country that would find that just fine. They think the world should conform to their personal standards. The ACLU can be a total pain in the ass, but without people like them, you can bet that there would be similar laws here.

I agree.

Verified LEO
    The far right scares me ever bit as much as the far left. Both would like to have their own "thought police".

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    The far right scares me ever bit as much as the far left. Both would like to have their own "thought police".
    They do not no shut up sit down and conform

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Thread Information