Welcome to the APBWeb.
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Teen punks murder American hero's dog

Just saw this on Glenn Becks site. These punks better pray that they stay in jail. For a long time. In my opinion, Marcus Luttrell showed great restraint in not taking these idiots out.

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Glenn Beck: Teen punks murder American hero's dog

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Update: Punks Murder American Hero's Dog

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - 911 Call Marcus Luttrell made after his dog Dasy was shot

Glenn Beck - Current Events & Politics - Marcus talks about another tragic loss

Marcus Luttrell is a

1. A Texan

2. A combat veteran (US Navy SEAL)

3. has a twin brother who is the same.

4. A responsible gun owner.

Moral of the story: This is one man whom you don't want to mess with.

50 rounds of .357= $30

Allowance from parents (x4)= $60

.357 magnum = $700

Having a combat veteran, ex-navy seal, firearms expert, trained killer, hardcore mother f'r "tracking" you down, attempting to get a "clear shot" = PRICELESS.

The Texas Rangers arrive and these guys, when the Texas Rangers are taking these guys away, Marcus has held them there by a gun. As the Rangers are taking these guys away, they're threatening Marcus' life and saying, "When we get out, we're coming for you next. First it was your dog. It's going to be you next. You don't know who you're messin' with." That's when Marcus kind of snapped just a little bit and said to the Ranger, "Excuse me, ranger, do you know who I am?" He said, "Yes, sir, Mr. Luttrell, I do." He said, "You might want to explain to these punks because I could have killed them 600 different ways and if I wanted to kill you guys after what you would have done what you just did to my dog, I would have pulled you down into my basement and I would have tortured you for days and you wouldn't have died until you begged me for death. So before you start saying you're going to come after me, you better learn who you've just whose dog you just killed."
    Dog's killing reopens old wounds for former Navy SEAL | Houston & Texas News | Chron.com - Houston Chronicle

Survivor of war loses dog to random violence

Beloved pet's killing reopens old wounds for former Navy SEAL

By DANE SCHILLER
    Copyright 2009 Houston Chronicle

April 9, 2009, 3:15PM

1 2

David Hopper For the Chronicle

Marcus Luttrell, shown at a book signing, said the attack on his dog pushed him into a place he didn’t want to be in.

All it took was the gunshot fired outside his Walker County home to trigger training ingrained in former Navy SEAL Marcus Luttrell, the lone survivor of a dramatic battle in Afghanistan in 2005.

He did a sweep through the house. Checked on his mother. And bolted out the door, where he found dead his beloved Labrador retriever, Dasy, a dog given to him to help him recover from his own wounds and the loss of his fellow Navy comrades.

“I could tell she tried to get away because there was a blood trail,” Luttrell recalled in a phone interview Wednesday. “When I saw she was dead, the only thing that popped into my head was, ‘I’ve got to take these guys out.’ ”

Shrouded in darkness, Luttrell, who’d just been released from the hospital after another round of surgery, crawled under a fence, skirted a ditch and sneaked up on four strangers in a sedan who apparently killed the dog on a whim. Luttrell said they were oblivious as he raised a 9 mm pistol from about 25 yards away and had one of them dead to rights.

But as the car pulled away, he didn’t fire.

Instead, he scrambled back to his pickup and launched what became a wild 40-mile chase that reached speeds of over 100 mph and crossed three counties.

“I did everything right; I didn’t do anything wrong,” he told the Houston Chronicle of the April 1 incident. “Make sure everyone knows they cold-bloodily murdered.”

Luttrell stayed on the line with a 911 emergency operator as he tried to catch the car, which was just a bit too fast for his four-door truck to overtake.

“I told them, ‘You need to get somebody out here because if I catch them I’m going to kill them,’ ” Luttrell recalled telling the operator.

Wounds still deep

The nighttime killing of a such a special dog played right into Luttrell’s deep wounds.

The 4-year-old yellow Lab was given to him upon his return from the war to help him heal. He named it Dasy as an acronym for his SEAL team members lost in a mighty fight in which they were isolated and far outnumbered by Taliban fighters.

He wrote a book, The Lone Survivor, about the experience.

Luttrell said he still wrestles with what he went through. He doesn’t sleep at night, usually keeping his guard up until sunrise, just in case.

“I don’t talk about it much. I just don’t sleep at night,” he said. “I am in and out of the house all night, going, moving around.”

Luttrell and the men he was chasing were finally stopped by Onalaska Police Department.

Luttrell said he confronted the men. “I was like, ‘Which one of you guys killed my dog?’ ” he said. “They started talking smack.”

The police sent Luttrell home, and the Texas Rangers have been working with the Walker County Sheriff’s Department.

So far, two men have been charged with felonies that could land them in state jail for at least six months.

Michael John Edmonds II, 21, and Alfonzo Hernandez, 24, both of New Waverly, are charged with cruelty to nonlivestock animals. The driver of the vehicle was arrested on suspicion of not having a license.

Other dog killings linked

There are at least five area dog killings in recent months that could be linked to the case, said Texas Ranger Steven Jeter.

“It could have been worse for both parties involved,” he said. “I wouldn’t advocate to the general public to do what he has done — to follow them at that rate of speed.”

“Marcus is trained to do certain things; he fell back on his training,” Jeter said.

Luttrell said he’s left town for now and wants to stay as far away as he can. Talking from a place he described as “the middle of nowhere,” Luttrell said he knows the attack on Dasy pushed him to a place where he doesn’t want to be.

“I was trying to talk myself out of being who I am,” he said. “Talking to myself about not doing the one thing I am good at.”

dane.schiller@chron.com

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Those fuckers are so dead. Rightfully so.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A lesser cop would have taken the cuffs of those little SOBs.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I wonder how they are going to feel, looking over their shoulders and watching shadows the next few years. I read his book, he went through hell.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

GASheepdog is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Wow, unbelievable restraint. I highly doubt that these punks would make good on their threats to come back and go after Luttrell . . . but I'd pay money to see them try.
    Be kind, be courteous . . .

and have a plan to kill everyone you meet.

armsmaster270 is offline Ret. Sac. P.D. - 270th M.P. Co., Now with D.H.S.
    Verified LEO
    Oh yeah I would watch him do it then melt into the shadows

Pretty women make us BUY beer. Ugly women make us DRINK beer. --Al Bundy

http://www.armsmaster.net-a.googlepages.com

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    How horrible. I am saddened over the death of the dog but I am more saddened by the loss Mr Luttrell is suffering over the loss of his dog. That dog most likely represented good in his life and perhaps good memories of friends lost...and to take that away. Damn punks should rot in hell.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Does it amuse anyone else that these punks threatened Marcus? Do they have any idea who he is?
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Shit like this just makes me fume. Disrespect for the cops, disrespect for people's well-being and property, shit-talking motherfuckers who whimper when you whisper that the cuffs can come off if they really, truly want them to, general lawlessness. It's going too far, and it's starting to wear away at my restraint. I have confidence in myself to keep it in check, but I think I would have been in real danger of losing it had I been placed in this particular situation with the given circumstances.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Another thought...these guys killed a dog that wasn't just special to Marcus, but I suspect to a lot of other SeALs too. Is it bad form to take wagers on how long it will take for a story to appear, detailing the puzzling disappearance of the two shit-talking douches who did this?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    Another thought...these guys killed a dog that wasn't just special to Marcus, but I suspect to a lot of other SeALs too. Is it bad form to take wagers on how long it will take for a story to appear, detailing the puzzling disappearance of the two shit-talking douches who did this?
    Now that would be a shame, wouldnt it?

(I'd cheer)
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Marcus Luttrell exercised such restraint before, at great cost:

The Sole Survivor
    By Laura Blumenfeld
    Washington Post Staff Writer
    Monday, June 11, 2007; A01

The Sole Survivor - washingtonpost.com

Luttrell, who deployed to Afghanistan in April 2005 after six years in the Navy, including two years in Iraq, welcomed the moral clarity of Kunar province. He would fight in the mountains that cradled bin Laden's men. It was, he said, "payback time for the World Trade Center. My goal was to double the number of people they killed."
    The four Seals zigzagged all night and through the morning until they reached a wooded slope. An Afghan man wearing a turban suddenly appeared, then a farmer and a teenage boy. Luttrell gave a PowerBar to the boy while the Seals debated whether the Afghans would live or die.
    If the Seals killed the unarmed civilians, they would violate military rules of engagement; if they let them go, they risked alerting the Taliban. According to Luttrell, one Seal voted to kill them, one voted to spare them and one abstained. It was up to Luttrell.
    Part of his calculus was practical. "I didn't want to go to jail." Ultimately, the core of his decision was moral. "A frogman has two personalities. The military guy in me wanted to kill them," he recalled. And yet: "They just seemed like -- people. I'm not a murderer."
    Luttrell, by his account, voted to let the Afghans go. "Not a day goes by that I don't think about that decision," he said. "Not a second goes by."
    At 1:20 p.m., about an hour after the Seals released the Afghans, dozens of Taliban members overwhelmed them. The civilians he had spared, Luttrell believed, had betrayed them. At the end of a two-hour firefight, only he remained alive. He has written about it in a book going on sale tomorrow, "Lone Survivor: The Eyewitness Account of Operation Redwing and the Lost Heroes of Seal Team 10."
    Everyone on his team was killed except for him, but then he was saved by other Afghan civilians:

The Seal wondered whether he was dying -- if not from the bullet that had pierced his thigh, then surely of thirst. "I was licking sweat off my arms," Luttrell recalled. "I tried to drink my urine."
    Crawling through the night, as Spanky Peterson's HH-60 flew overhead with other search helicopters, he made it to a pool of water. When he lifted his head, he saw an Afghan. He reached for his rifle.
    "American!" the villager said, flashing two thumbs-up. "Okay! Okay!"
    "You Taliban?" Luttrell asked.
    "No Taliban!"
    The villager's friends arrived, carrying AK-47s. They began to argue, apparently determining Luttrell's fate. "I kept saying to myself, 'Quit being a little bitch. Stand up and be a man.' "
    But he couldn't stand. Three men lifted 240 pounds of dead weight and carried Luttrell to the 15-hut village of Sabray. They took his rifle.
    What happened next baffled him. Mohammed Gulab, 33, father of six, fed Luttrell warm goat's milk, washed his wounds and clothed him in what Luttrell called "man jammies."
    "I didn't trust them," Luttrell said. "I was confused. They'd reassure me, but hell, it wasn't in English."
    Hours after his arrival, Taliban fighters appeared and demanded that the villagers surrender the American. They threatened Gulab, Luttrell said, and tried to bribe him. "I was waiting for a good deal to come along and for Gulab to turn me over.
    "I'd been in so many villages. I'd be like, 'Up against the wall, and shut the hell up!' So I'm like, why would these people be kind to me?" Luttrell said. "I probably killed one of their cousins. And now I'm shot up, and they're using all the village medical supplies to help me."
    What Luttrell did not understand, he said, was that the people of Sabray were following their own rules of engagement -- tribal law. Once they had carried the invalid Seal into their huts, they were committed to defend him. The Taliban fighters seemed to respect that custom, even as they lurked in the hills nearby....

Three weeks ago, while in New York, Luttrell visited Ground Zero. On an overcast afternoon, he looked down into the pit. The World Trade Center is his touchstone as a warrior. He had linked Sept. 11 to the people of Afghanistan: "I didn't go over there with any respect for these people."
    But the villagers of Sabray taught him something, he said.
    "In the middle of everything evil, in an evil place, you can find goodness. Goodness. I'd even call it godliness," he said.
    As Luttrell talked, he walked the perimeter fence. His gait was hulking, if not menacing, his voice angry, engorged with pain. "They protected me like a child. They treated me like I was their eldest son."
    Below Luttrell in the pit, earthmovers were digging; construction workers in orange vests directed a beeping truck. Luttrell kept talking. "They brought their cousins brandishing firearms . . . ." The cranes clanked. "And they brought their uncles, to make sure no Taliban would kill me . . . "

What an amazing story. I hope his dog rests in peace, and I hope he finds peace.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Marcus Luttrell, shown at a book signing, said the attack on his dog pushed him into a place he didn’t want to be in.
    Here's the biggest shame of them all. After what he and others like him have been through how do you stop this from happening? There are no winners in war. Thank God for soldiers like him. I hope he finds some level of peace in life.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Norm357 View Post
    Does it amuse anyone else that these punks threatened Marcus? Do they have any idea who he is?
    If not, I'd bet they do now. That is, if the arresting officers chose to tell them. Hell, I would. Just to tell them how stupid they are. I'll be honest with everyone here. I didn't know who Marcus Luttrell was until I read the articles. I do know this, military veterans are not to be messed with, especially military combat veterans who have belonged to such units as the SEAL'S.

The only question about the ordeal that transpired is this:

With the gun laws as they are in the screwed up state of California, in which I live, would Marcus, despite his training, have fared any different? Would he have gone to jail as well? God, I hope not.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information