Welcome to the APBWeb.
    ohionarc is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO

Today's News Headlines....WTF???

Is anyone else disgusted by todays news coverage.....Today's lead national news story, though I admit tragic was a professional athelete who is killed in a hit and run...Yes, It's newsworthy and yes, tragic.

But how the hell does the national news media not report on the fact that 3 HEROS and brothers in blue today were lain to rest in Pittsburgh? As far as i can tell, few news outlets have even picked up the AP story on todays funeral. Yes, it was covered in Pittsburgh by the local media. And Yes, These were Men who knowingly put themselves in harms way in choosing the profession. Do we not at the very least owe them the acknowledgement of the ultimate sacrifce they made?

In 22 years as a cop, I don't recall being this disappointed in my fellow man. Many of us chose this profession and see it as our call to duty in protecting our nation.....damnit. I don't know, maybe it's just me.....Dear God, I hope not.

Regards,
    O

OhioNarc

TheBigO
    Somewhere in Ohio

"There will be no peace until they (terrorist) love their children more than they hate ours"

The opinions represented here are mine, they are not intended to in anyway represent my agency.....

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    They should have given at least as much coverage as the 4 officers that were shot down in Oakland CA.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

ohionarc is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Agreed.....I don't recall the lead story the day of the services in CA, but I do recall there was national coverage. Tonight, I just blew a gasket when I kept seeing all the stories regarding death of Los Angeles Angels pitcher Nick Adenhart, who was killed in a hit-and-run crash early Thursday morning. Unreal....is that really where our priorities lie now?

OhioNarc

TheBigO
    Somewhere in Ohio

"There will be no peace until they (terrorist) love their children more than they hate ours"

The opinions represented here are mine, they are not intended to in anyway represent my agency.....

Thread Information