Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Standard Dave is offline Constable

Dad's prostitute present for his 14-year-old son

A DAD was arrested after trying to find a prostitute to take his 14-year-old son's virginity.

The man pulled up alongside a woman in Nottingham's red-light district and tried to solicit her to have sex with the teenager.

But the woman was a police officer taking part in an undercover operation in Mapperley Road to target kerb-crawlers.

The 42-year-old dad, from Bulwell, has been ordered to sign the sex offenders' register and will appear at Nottingham Crown Court to be sentenced next month.

He pleaded guilty to attempting to arrange or facilitate a child sex offence by attempting to solicit a woman to have sex with a child.

Neither the man or the child can be named for legal reasons.

The case was adjourned by Judge David Price for reports to be prepared by the probation service. The defendant was released on bail until he is sentenced next month.

Judge Price said: "Although I am granting you bail, any court is bound to consider a custodial sentence."

Sergeant Neil Radford, of Notts Police's On-Street Prostitution Team, said the man was caught during one of many undercover operations in the city's vice area.

"It's the first time I've seen a case like this," he said. "Around 16 or 17 men were caught for kerb-crawling during this particular operation in July.

"This man was driving around with his 14-year-old son in the car. He'd basically taken him out to lose his virginity."

Sgt Radford said the man had originally been arrested for kerb-crawling, but officers charged him with attempting to arrange the commission of a child sex offence.

"The advantage of that charge is that he has now had to sign the sex offenders' register," he said.

Sgt Radford said that during undercover operations, a female police officer in plain clothes waits on a street in the red light district as if "waiting for a taxi".

"She won't make any approaches and if anyone approaches her she will just go with the conversation," he said.

"Within the nature of the operation she has to go along to a certain extent and just replies."

Sgt Radford said the operations were carried out several times a year and that there had been a decrease in the number of men being caught.

Man caught trying to get prostitute for teenage son in Nottingham
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That is a dad that cares, how many boys wish their dads would do that for them?

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Yeah, his first sexual experience is with a slimey whore. How cool is that? With a little luck he can have his first experience with veneral disease too.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    That is a dad that cares, how many boys wish their dads would do that for them?
    I guess that dad misunderstood junior when he asked for a bike for his birthday.

I wonder if he would have done the same for his daughter?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information