Welcome to the APBWeb.
    irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO

Ex-Deputy Accused of Kidnapping, Assault

*sigh* This was someone I knew. I do find it odd, however, that there was a 5-hour stand-off and he wasn't even there.

Ex-Clackamas Co. deputy accused of kidnapping, assault
    09:53 AM PDT on Tuesday, April 21, 2009
    By TERESA YUAN and TERESA BLACKMAN, kgw.com Staff
    OREGON CITY, Ore. -- A former Clackamas County Sheriff's deputy was behind bars Monday night, accused of kidnapping, menacing and assault.

Video: Former deputy arrested
    Officials told KGW deputies swarmed Brandon Claggett's home around 7:30 p.m., Monday after his wife called 9-1-1 and said they were arguing. Deputies surrounded the house for nearly five hours, only to find out that Claggett had actually left before they got there and drove to his mother's house to pick up his children.

Claggett eventually called police and made arrangements to turn himself in. He was booked in the Clackamas County Jail on $280,000 bail. Police said he would face charges of kidnapping, menacing, assault and unlawful use of a weapon.

The former deputy resigned last summer after being investigated for allegations of misconduct that involved inappropriate touching of a female acquaintance who was riding with him while he was on duty. The case never went to court as the district attorney decided against prosecution based on lack of evidence.

Claggett had worked for the Clackamas County Sheriff's Office for 14 years before he resigned.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Another black eye
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Verified LEO
    Yeah. Unfortunately, he's already given us a couple of black eyes. This is just one more.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    Yeah. Unfortunately, he's already given us a couple of black eyes as a department. This is just one more.
    I liked the oxycoten addict who was doing armed robberies while off duty a few years ago.. He lived here in my town......

The depts around here must really be struggling to hire. Some real winners have gotten on, it seems.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Retdetsgt View Post
    I liked the oxycoten addict who was doing armed robberies while off duty a few years ago.. He lived here in my town......

The depts around here must really be struggling to hire. Some real winners have gotten on, it seems.
    I'm going to try very hard not to say anything I shouldn't since I'm feeling particularly hormonal today. I will, however, say that it's not just this department. Every department has its issues and every department has douche bags.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

Retdetsgt is offline How did I get here!
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    I'm going to try very hard not to say anything I shouldn't since I'm feeling particularly hormonal today. I will, however, say that it's not just this department. Every department has its issues and every department has douche bags.
    Yep, that's why I said dept(s) in the area (plural). It's all over.
    When I used to be somebody (I'm center top)

"A burning desire for social justice is never a substitute for knowing what you're talking about". -Thomas Sowell-

Thread Information