Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Wise_undergrad_08 is offline Master Officer

Vandals Deface Sign Honoring Soldier

Vandals Deface Mass. Sign Honoring Soldier
    By Associated Press
    6 hours ago

CHESHIRE, Mass. - The family of a Green Beret who was one of the nation's first casualties in the war on terror in Afghanistan was outraged after discovering vandals had defaced a sign honoring the soldier with anti-war graffiti.

"I felt like I was going to vomit," said Michael Petithory, the brother of Army Sgt. 1st Class Daniel Petithory.

"It was just pure rage," he told the North Adams Transcript.

Daniel Petithory was killed Dec. 5, 2001, along with two other soldiers when a U.S. bomb landed about 100 yards from their position north of Kandahar.

Michael Petithory discovered the vandalism on Thursday as he biked along the Ashuwillticook Trail.

The words "oil," "Bush" and "Christian Crusade" and other phrases were written in black marker on the brown metal sign.

Family and friends cleaned the sign, which is one of three along a stretch of the trail that honors the Cheshire native. The other two signs were not vandalized.

Daniel Petithory was a recipient of the Silver Star and Purple Heart. He joined the Army shortly after graduating from Hoosac Valley High School in 1987. He is buried near family members in Cheshire Cemetery.

Police in Cheshire and Lanesborough are investigating, but there had been no arrests as of Friday evening. Cheshire, a town of approximately 3,500 residents, is about 140 miles west of Boston.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It just makes me sick. Who in the hell would do something like this? To bad it would be considered a violation of the 8th because I'm all for dumping those convicted of crimes such as these into a desert in either Iraq or Afganistan and letting them figure shit out for themselves. No troop help alowed. Then we'll see how many soldiers graves they want to desecrate and how many "Support the Troops" bumper stickers they want to steal off cars when they made it back. If they made it back which I don't believe their pansy asses could.
    "A nation, as a society, forms a moral person, and every member of it is personally responsible for his society."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Cotton candy don't get wet until it's in your mouth.

mxwelch is offline Kalashnikitty
    We support the troops, is a favorite liberal catch phrase. They can say what they want but their actions speak the truth. Remember the lunatics who busted into a recruiting office and threw blood everywhere?

I live minutes from the National D-Day memorial. The next time I'm there I'll ask if they've had any problems like this.

Wise_undergrad_08 is offline Master Officer
    I had no idea about the recruiting office thing. That's bad, but this case was just horrible. My boyfriend is in the Air National Guard as I'm pretty sure all on this board are aware of. With the support the troops thing I was referring to my boyfriend's family having the "We support our troops" bumper sticker stolen off of their cars repeatedly. They live in New Hampshire. Apparently that happens a lot in NH and VT. Some people make me sick.
    "A nation, as a society, forms a moral person, and every member of it is personally responsible for his society."

-Thomas Jefferson, 1792

Cotton candy don't get wet until it's in your mouth.

Thread Information