Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

"...a stripper allegedly used a vibrator to anally penetrate a fraternity pledge during an initiation party."

The University of Nebraska-Lincoln on Tuesday suspended Sigma Chi fraternity after newly unsealed court documents detailed a series of alleged hazing incidents, including one in which a stripper allegedly used a vibrator to anally penetrate a fraternity pledge during an initiation party.

The suspension means Sigma Chi must immediately cease all fraternity activities such as social events and recruitment, said Juan Franco, UNL vice chancellor of student affairs.

“As we were learning more and more (about the allegations), we thought the best thing to do was go ahead and take quick and decisive action so we can begin going about righting the ship,” he said.

Students will be allowed to live in the house at 1510 Vine St. for the rest of the semester, Franco said. It’s too early to say whether they’ll be allowed to live there next fall.

In a prepared statement, Franco said the suspension will give UNL time to complete an on-campus judicial review that will help officials make a final decision on Sigma Chi’s future in Lincoln.

“The allegations, if true, are serious violations of UNL’s Student Code of Conduct and will not be tolerated,” he said.

“We will work with the national Sigma Chi organization as well as the advisory board and president of the Sigma Chi house to fully address the future of the fraternity on campus.”

Expulsion is a possibility, he said. Sigma Chi, which has about 60 members in Lincoln, recently celebrated its 125th anniversary on campus.

Documents unsealed Tuesday in Lancaster County District Court show UNL police began investigating the local chapter after a former pledge told police in February that repeated hazing incidents — including one in which he was assaulted with a vibrator — had taken a toll on his well-being.

The pledge alleged he and others had been subjected to hazing from October through early 2009 as part of the initiation process into the fraternity.

He said pledges were, among other things, verbally assaulted in what was billed as a “character-building” activity and forced to drink shots of Tabasco sauce and vodka until they vomited. They also were ordered to leap-frog each other around the fraternity house while being pelted with ice, wet paper towels and toilet paper by older members in an exercise called “Busy as a Bee.”

Parts of his account were corroborated by interviews with four other pledges who also dropped out of Sigma Chi, court documents show.

The incident in which the pledge was allegedly sexually assaulted took place during an off-campus party at 21st and D streets. The pledge said he was handcuffed and blindfolded, and the assault took place even though he told the stripper “stop” and “don’t.”

The day after the alleged assault, the pledge said, fraternity members asked him if he was all right and appeared “indirectly apologetic.” The pledge said he learned the stripper had performed the act at the urging of other fraternity members.

Court documents do not name the stripper. Sexual assault charges have not resulted from the allegations, though when asked whether police are pursuing such charges, UNL Assistant Police Chief Carl Oestmann said this: “Parts of this case are still being actively investigated. I will not provide further details until the appropriate time.”

Several other pledges told police there had been a party with strippers involved, and at least two said they had seen a stripper standing near the other pledge holding some type of sex toy.

However, none could verify to police that the stripper assaulted him with the vibrator.

In multiple searches of the house that began March 18, police uncovered evidence to support some hazing allegations, including a letter to the fraternity’s national organization detailing a paddling incident and a party involving strippers.

Messages left with the national fraternity were not returned. Local Sigma Chi President Francis Acott referred questions to the fraternity’s lawyer, Bob Creager of Lincoln, who could not be reached.

Monday, UNL police cited eight fraternity members on charges of hazing or procuring alcohol for a minor. None of them was taken into custody.

Fraternity members cited for both hazing and procuring alcohol for a minor were: Michael Classen, 22; James Glover, 19; and Kyle Humphrey, 22. Cited for hazing only: Jonathan Knudsen, 21; and Keegan Anderson, 20. Cited for procuring alcohol only: Samuel Bates, 19; Ian Dimka, 21; and Chris Wozniak, 22.

Hazing is punishable by a maximum six months in jail and a $1,000 fine. All eight fraternity members are due in court May 15.

Court documents show former pledges reported paying $200 each for a “social fund” that was used to buy alcohol, including for underage fraternity members. Police found evidence of the fund in the house, including a bank statement addressed to the Sigma Chi Social Fund.

Police also found large quantities of alcohol in the house. Alcohol is forbidden on the UNL campus.

In an Oct. 1 incident, one pledge said, pledges were forced to stand staring at the ceiling while older members shouted obscenities at them for two hours. Fraternity members called the exercise “character building,” and older members were usually intoxicated.

In a January incident, court documents say, pledges were forced to sleep together with the windows open. At midnight, older members entered and began yelling and throwing ketchup, ranch dip, dill pickles, full beer cans and other food items.

About five hours later, the documents say, pledges were awakened and made to take cold showers with the windows open.

Franco said UNL leaders are “most disappointed” by the allegations.

“At the same time,” he said, “I’m hoping that the entire Greek system doesn’t get painted with the same brush because of this incident.”

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Double Secret probation, what a pain in the ass!!!

NSFW: Language

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That was an iin depth report.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I can't believe the lengths people will go to just to live in a house with a bunch of dudes.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 121Traffic View Post
    I can't believe the lengths people will go to just to live in a house with a bunch of dudes.
    Indeed, any of the armed services will pay you to do it without being anally probed.

Well, I'm not sure about the Marines.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm sorry Bradley, were you in a fraternity?
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

I'm sorry Bradley, were you in a fraternity?

Noooo. I made friends without paying for them thank you. I was agreeing with you.

Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    Noooo. I made friends without paying for them thank you. I was agreeing with you.
    Yuuup. I had a couple friends in fraternities, but I wasn't in one. Truth be told, and one of my friends in particular will agree with this, there is a HUGE difference between a true fraternity and a "frat." He was in a fraternity at Wabash College, and he cringes if I use the word frat to describe his organization. He'll tell you that his fraternity was the true sense of the word...distinguished alumni, two weekends a month dedicated to charity, etc. Not that they didn't do some frat-ish things, but there's was more of a sense of brotherhood there. It's probably because Wabash was an all-male institution, and non-Greek students were the minority.

Just like Term said...at the bigger schools, it amounted to having friends based on the semester dues you paid. Frats were just an excuse to trash a house, have a maid clean it up, and drink til you puked.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    That was an iin depth report.
    Also, went all the way to the core of the story................
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Hondo is offline SRO
    Verified LEO
    Brings hazing to a whole new level.
    When it comes my time to go, I hope with fervent zeal, That my merits have been proved on life's battlefield. Enough to earn me One small place of rest, Just over on the other side, Beyond the reach of death. -Ralf Grant Edens

You know how it is Striet! Sometimes doin the right thing ain't doin the right thing -HONDO

Thread Information