Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Doylestown chief pleads guilty to assault

http://www.the-daily-record.com/news...4577373?page=1

WOOSTER -- Doylestown Police Chief Brian Dressler pleaded guilty Monday to assaulting a 22-year-old man after the man allegedly exposed himself to the chief's wife.
    Dressler, 34, was charged in Barberton Municipal Court with the first-degree misdemeanor after being arrested last month by Norton Police. The charge carries a six-month maximum jail sentence.
    According to a police report, Dressler assaulted Logan Wagner, 1114 Cherry St., Barberton, at a business along Wooster Road on March 14.
    Wagner, an employee of the business, allegedly exposed himself to Dressler's wife around 2 p.m. March 14 while she was cleaning the business, according to the police report.
    Dressler's wife went home, spoke with her husband about the incident and then called police, according to the police report.
    Dressler went to the Norton business around 3 p.m. and confronted Wagner, according to the police report, and punched him in the face and kicked him.
    Wagner, in the police report, alleged Dressler placed him in a chokehold until he was unable to breathe and threatened to kill him. He also suffered a black eye and scratches.
    Dressler, who has been chief since 2004, was placed on paid administrative leave after the incident.
    Mayor Terry Lindeman could not be reached for comment Wednesday. According to village solicitor Timothy VanSickle, Lindeman will make a decision on Dressler's employment with the village on or before Tuesday's council meeting.
    If Dressler chooses to appeal the mayor's decision, he could face a disciplinary hearing before council, VanSickle said. His fate could be a suspension, work without pay, termination or no penalty.
    Wagner, facing his third public indecency charge, pleaded not guilty to the second-degree misdemeanor. His pretrial is Monday.

Some very interesting comments on the forum section of the article. What would you have done?
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Can't say I blame the guy for being pissed, and it's not like Chester the Molester didn't deserve it, but he should have known better. Joe Shittheragman might get away with it but not a cop. He should have let the on duty guys deal with it.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That bad part is that he specifically went to the store to do this, after LE was called about the exposure
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And, an update to the article.

The-Daily-Record.com - Dressler can keep his job

DOYLESTOWN -- The mayor plans to retain its police chief but will place him under a six-month probation, according to a Friday news release.
    Chief Brian Dressler also is expected to comply with any sentence to be imposed by Barberton Municipal Court, where he pleaded guilty Monday to a first-degree misdemeanor charge of assault. The charge carries a six-month maximum jail sentence.
    Dressler has been on paid administrative leave as a result of a March 14 incident at a Norton business.
    He can return to work Monday, according to solicitor Timothy VanSickle. However, Dressler must forfeit three weeks of accrued paid vacation time in addition to complying with the sentence and remaining on probation.
    The charge stems from a March 14 incident in Norton. According to a Norton Police report, Dressler assaulted Logan Wagner, 22, 1114 Cherry St., Barberton, at a business on Wooster Road after Wagner allegedly exposed himself to the chief's wife.
    "Probation" simply means being under increased scrutiny for six months, VanSickle explained, comparing it to a new employee being on temporary probation. Should any new problems or issues come up during that time, Dressler could face termination; however, he is not prohibited from performing any of his normal duties as chief, VanSickle said.
    According to the release, Mayor Terry Lindeman based the disciplinary action on a range of factors, "including the facts underlying the assault, the seriousness of the charge against Mr. Dressler, the opinions of the village residents that have been expressed to me and the village council, Mr. Dressler's service and his ability to continue to serve the village in the capacity as chief of police."
    Reached by phone Friday, Lindeman emphasized Dressler's prior work in the village, saying, "The chief has done a lot of good work."
    Dressler has served as chief since 2004.
    Dressler has a "great prior record, and I think the most important factor is that Chief Dressler, he (Lindeman) believes, can continue to serve the village in a good capacity," VanSickle said.
    Council President Joyce Marshall and Councilman Joe Barr, both reached by phone Friday, said they support the mayor in his decision.
    "It's going to be a satisfactory situation. He's (Dressler has) got a lot of support in the community. I think it's going to work out for the best," Barr said. Barr himself has served as chief in two municipalities and was a police officer for 35 years.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information