Welcome to the APBWeb.
    keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

POT...the answer to our problems!

In our tough economic times, one industry that seems to need no bail-out money is the pot industry. So, in order to enhance our economy, promote jobs, and save the gov't. big bucks, why don't we legalize pot? Just think about it: You'd have pot farmers developing pot brands, hiring workers, advertisings, etc.,as well as companies building factories and processing plants, and then they get to pay taxes. Right now, pot is estimated to generate $115 BILLION a year, plus another $45 BILLION to enforce laws against it. If you took out the $45B, plus taxed the $115B at 25%, the gov't. would generate another $76, 750, 000, 000! Think about it.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    The pot industry thrives as long as it is a free market; free of taxes, regulations, free of hog politicians, and bureaucrats, free of government.

Just wait and see when it is LEGAL, the govt will suck the life out of this free but illegal / underground economy. I have no respect for dopers or dope dealers, but they do operate in a "free market" that thrives - because the govt is not involved except in the end-game matters of criminal arrest and asset forfeiture.

Now, the same govt wants to control newspapers, your health care, take your guns, and make your kids into unthinking workers, and to "improve" the internet = making it "safer".

Marijuana Eradication may be the outcome if the hogs of Congress fleece the "industry". Government wants their cut, above and below the table - no matter what, offering little more than worthless paper in return. So the question begs to be asked - which crooks
    are more "trustworthy" - the "dealer" or the politician.

Imagine the chaos and graft if the govt regulated yard sales, kool-aid stands, and classified ads.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Moonshine < commercial alcohol
    Bootleg Pot > government Pot
    Cost of government Pot > Bootleg Pot

Lower cost/better quality > Higher cost/lesser quality

See the problem?
    Bootleg alcohol does not compare to homegrown Pot in quality. Throw in cost and it is a no brainer. Outside of the military show me one federal government industry that is cheaper and better than the private sector.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information