Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lcsodre108 is offline DUI Persecutor

Northern California Shooting Spree Kills 1

Northern California Shooting Spree Kills 1
    Monday March 27, 2006 12:38am from our sister station WJLA-TV
    ___ Pulse Poll ___

Overall, do you approve of the job the President is doing? Yes No No opinion
    ___ Interact ___

Printable Version
    E-Mail This Story
    ___ Related Stories ___

U.N. Envoy Calls for Hezbollah to DisbandReport: Scalia Criticizes Europe on GitmoMedical Marijuana Issue Returns to Court ELK GROVE, Calif. (AP) - A man with a 12-gauge shotgun went on a shooting spree along a busy downtown street, killing one person and wounding four others before a deputy shot him, officials said Sunday. Authorities said Aaron Norman Dunn, 28, randomly shot at people, hitting three, as he walked down the street Saturday night. Two other people were injured by glass when bullets hit their car windshields.

Dunn, who is being held on suspicion of murder and attempted murder, was in critical condition at a hospital, said Sacramento County sheriff's Sgt. R.L. Davis.

The first victim was shot in the head as he sat in his car with his wife and two children in front of a restaurant, Davis said. He was hospitalized with life-threatening injuries.

Dunn sped away in his car but crashed down the road, then continued on foot, shooting several rounds, Davis said.

A man was shot in the face and died, while another man was then shot in the back, Davis said.

As two sheriff's deputies confronted the shooter, one shielded an injured victim with her body to protect him from being shot again, Davis said. Then one of the deputies shot Dunn when the suspect did not give up his weapon.

"It's a true test of one's fortitude to put oneself in that position and make that sacrifice," Davis said.

The coroner's office identified the dead man as John Johnson, 46, of Elk Grove. The man shot in the back was hospitalized, but no information about his condition was immediately available.

Davis declined to identify the deputies, except to say they were both women - one with four years on the department, the other with six years.

Both deputies were placed on paid administrative leave, as part of routine procedure, pending an internal investigation, Davis said.
    www.alliedoddballs.com
    I can't do this test when I am sober!

Respect My AUTHORITAE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

pmfc is offline ^
    So that's what we saw when we drove down Laguna Blvd. from SR-99? I live in Sacramento and we drove the 15 miles south to Elk Grove to visit a friend and were greeted with a block-long crime scene with wrecked cars, and a police mobile command post a few blocks away.

There was another shooting in another friend's neighborhood later on that night too. The victim in that shooting died also (see this article).

About an hour or less before the second shooting a car took out a telephone pole a few hundred feet away from the shooting crime scene. Then last night another car took out a telephone pole a few blocks away from my friend's house and knocked out power to the entire area.

They need to do more DUI checkpoints in that area. Whenever they have one they net quite a few drunks.

I'm glad I don't live in that shithole neighborhood.
    Last edited by pmfc; 03-27-06 at 02:48 PM.

pmfc is offline ^
    Also, a local freelance photographer was killed in the Elk Grove shooting when he walked out of a restaurant with his wife after dinner. When I first heard that a photographer got killed I figured it was a gung-ho freelancer doing something stupid like getting too close to the action while it was happening. I was wrong.

For more on that story click here and watch the video.

Thread Information