Welcome to the APBWeb.
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Sheriff: Four were targeted

Not my jurisdicition but close enough.

Advocate River parishes bureau Published: May 20, 2009
    LAROSE — Based on excerpts from one of his journals, an accused teenage shooter planned to kill four classmates and himself, Lafourche Parish Sheriff Craig Webre said Tuesday.
    In a notebook labeled “Deadly Diary II,” Justin Paul Doucet, 15, outlined his plan for a shooting rampage Monday morning at Larose-Cut Off Middle School, writing it as an after-the-fact explanation for police, Webre said.
    “He was specific on the date, time and location,” Webre said. “He indicated he intended to kill four and also expressed a desire to kill a police officer. … He wrote of a desire to have greater firepower to kill a cop.”
    Doucet, an eighth-grader at the school, did not kill anyone but shot in the direction of a seventh-grade teacher, Jessica Plaisance, authorities reported.
    He then shot himself.
    The teen remained in a coma Tuesday, breathing on his own, while listed in critical condition at Terrebonne General Hospital in Houma, Webre said.
    The sheriff said the 25-caliber bullet entered through Doucet’s lower jaw and exited from his upper head.
    Monday’s incident began shortly after 9 a.m., when Doucet changed into camouflage clothing in a school restroom and armed himself with a .25-caliber, nickel-plated semiautomatic pistol taken from his father’s house.
    The student entered Plaisance’s class and tried to shoot at a whiteboard, but the gun did not fire, the sheriff said.
    Webre said Doucet made an adjustment, then fired above the teacher’s head. and told another student to leave the room with him, but left alone when the other boy remained seated.
    Doucet returned to the restroom where he previously had changed, and shot himself, Webre said.
    The “Deadly Dairy” notebook, a journal, and a self-portrait drawing were found inside Doucet’s book bag in the school restroom, Webre said.
    The pistol, loaded with two rounds in the cartridge clip and a third inside the chamber, was found in Doucet’s hand, said Webre, adding that a total of two shots had been fired from the gun.

“His writing suggests an angry individual dealing with fascinations with Columbine (the 1999 school shooting in Colorado), (Adolf) Hitler, and Marilyn Manson,” Webre said.
    The writings state he wanted to kill one sixth-grader, one seventh-grader, two eighth-graders and himself — accounting for the five bullets in the pistol.
    Webre said Doucet picked the date of his attack, but investigators have not uncovered any significance.
    The shooting coincided with the release of Louisiana Educational Assessment Program scores, and Doucet’s mother told authorities that Doucet told her before school that he was anxious about the scores, Webre said Monday.
    However, the sheriff said Tuesday there is no evidence to support that speculation.
    School officials said Doucet had not been held back a grade in any previous school years, and recently turned 15.
    Investigators also searched Doucet’s parents’ residence on Monday, seizing a computer and several other items.
    The computer will be sent to the Louisiana Attorney General’s Office for forensic analysis.
    Webre said juvenile violence experts would be called in to analyze Doucet’s possessions and to help explain his actions.
    The sheriff said Doucet’s rooms and home life appear contradictory to his writings.
    Schools Superintendent Jo Ann Matthews said classes resumed Tuesday at the middle school with seven extra law enforcement officers present as classes began. Entrances to the school were limited to three locations where stationary metal detectors were installed.
    The detectors will remain in place for at least the rest of this week and possibly through May 29, the end of the school year, officials said.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Ok, out of all that, only one thing leaps to mind. I like Marilyn Manson too, does that put me in an 'at risk for becoming a homicidal maniac' group?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    Ok, out of all that, only one thing leaps to mind. I like Marilyn Manson too, does that put me in an 'at risk for becoming a homicidal maniac' group?
    Me too, but me thinks this kid had some major problems to start with obviously.
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Thread Information