Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Man Mows Down Traffic Cop to Avoid Parking Ticket

There's video of it in the link. This should be an automatic revocation of oxygen rights.

Man Mows Down Traffic Cop to Avoid Parking Ticket

Updated 12:59 PM EDT, Sat, May 23, 2009
    Related Topics:New York City Police Department | Crime Stoppers International

This still shot captures the suspect getting into his car at the top left of the screen.

This still shot captures the suspect getting into his car at the top left of the screen.

A man was so desperate to avoid a parking ticket that he ran over a NYPD traffic cop before she could write it, breaking her legs and causing a head injury.

Caught on Tape: Man Runs Over Ticket Agent to Avoid Ticket
    Watch Video

Surveillance video captures the suspect wearing a red shirt and dark pants running across the street to his 2002 black Ford Taurus.

Weird News Photos
    View Slideshow

From mermaids to flying pigs check out these pictures of off-beat, interesting happenings from around the world.

The incident happened Friday afternoon on Jerome Avenue in the Bronx.

The 26-year-old agent was about to write a ticket for a double-parked car when the motorist ran to the vehicle, got in and tried to drive away, police said.

As he made his escape, the car knocked the agent to the ground and then drove over her, crushing her legs.

Police were trying to identify a suspect. They say the traffic agent is in guarded condition at St. Barnabas Hospital.

Surveillance video captures the suspect wearing a red shirt and dark pants running across the street to his 2002 black Ford Taurus. The suspect is described as a Hispanic man who is about 5 feet 8 inches tall and 250 pounds.

Cops are asking for the public's help in capturing the suspect. Anyone with information is asking to call the NYPD Crime Stoppers Hotline at 1-800-577-TIPS or to text tips to 274637. You can also submit tips by logging onto the Crime Stoppers Web site.

Copyright Associated Press / NBC New York

Find this article at:
    http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local...ng-Ticket.html
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    That was horrible, it's been all over the news here and an arrest has been made.

NY1 | 24 Hour Local News | Top Stories | Bronx Man Arrested For Hit-And-Run Of Traffic Enforcement Agent

Thread Information