Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Drunk guy gets into multiple wrecks, tries to escape from police. Hope he knows a good attorney. Oh wait, he is one...

DESTIN - Local defense attorney Robert Scott Whitehead was arrested and faces multiple charges in connection with two motor vehicle accidents in Destin on Saturday night.
    Whitehead, who is 38, was charged with DUI with property damage and personal injury, refusing to submit to a blood alcohol test and leaving the scene of a traffic crash. This was the second time he has been charged with refusing to submit to a blood alcohol test, according to an Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office press release.
    Investigators say Whitehead, of Furling Lane in Destin, hit a car at the intersection of U.S. Highway 98 and Scenic Highway 98 and then hit another vehicle near The Track. The accidents caused major traffic back-ups.
    One of the accidents was a head-on collision, according to the Okaloosa County Sheriff's Office incident report. No one was injured in that vehicle, the report said.
    Whitehead told the deputy he was not injured, but the deputy noted he appeared to be heavily intoxicated. His face was "slightly red," his eyes were "glassy" and "watery" and his speech was slurred and difficult to understand.
    "I don't want to go to jail," Whitehead said, during the traffic investigation.
    When the fire department arrived on scene and tried to check on Whitehead, he attempted to put the vehicle into gear to drive away, according to the report. The deputies and one of the firefighters managed to turn the vehicle off and take away the keys.
    Whitehead told the deputy he was unable to find his driver's license, registration or proof of insurance, the report states. After repeated attempts to locate the documents, he found his registration and proof of insurance.
    He refused to submit to field sobriety tests and had trouble finding his shoes and putting them on, according to the report. The deputy finally put one of his sandals on for him, but they were unable to locate the other one, it states.
    He said he could walk on his own but had trouble getting to the patrol car, according to the report. Once there, he struggled to get into the vehicle, lying down on his left side and kicking his feet "as if to push off an object that was not there," the report noted.
    On the way to jail, Whitehead asked the deputy if he was OK. Getting out of the car, he stumbled and fell against the deputy, pushing him against the wall, the offense report states. He refused to submit to a breath test and later asked the deputy to call him a cab, it states.
    He was booked into the county jail.
    According to his law firm's Web site, Whitehead's firm specializes in civil litigation and criminal and family law including drug cases and DUIs.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I suppose he will try to act as his own attorney in the matter?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    I suppose he will try to act as his own attorney in the matter?
    I've heard that a person who is his own attorney has a fool for a client...
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    At least he can now tell his clients "I know how you feel" and "I understand"
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Maybe he's doing research for a case (of Budweiser).
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information