Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer

Texas Jury Rules that Frisco Man's Penis is a Deadly Weapon

Sex As a Deadly Weapon? Jury Says Yes | NBC Dallas-Fort Worth

Sex As a Deadly Weapon? Jury Says Yes
    Jury finds man guilty of spreading HIV to six women
    Attorneys argue that their client is being prosecuted for his lifestyle choice

By STACY MORROW

Updated 1:44 PM CDT, Thu, May 28, 2009

Philippe Padieu, 53, listens to lawyers during closing arguments.

A Collin County jury has found an HIV-positive Frisco, Texas man guilty on all six counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon, after he infected his lovers with the disease.

Sex As a Deadly Weapon? Jury Says Yes
    Watch Video

The case against Philippe Padieu, 53, could create a legal precedent criminalizing the transmission of a sexually transmitted disease. He faces five to 99 years in prison and fines up to $10,000.

The jury reached a decision Wednesday after deliberating for nearly six hours.

In closing arguments, prosecutors called Padieu a sex predator who knowingly, intentionally and recklessly infected six women with HIV.

"When you're a predator, you don't care, because that's what he wants. He wants access to anybody he can get," said Assistant District Attorney Curtis Howard.

Last Wednesday and Thursday, jurors heard emotional and sometimes tearful testimony from the six women.

"They consented to have sexual intercourse with him," Assistant District Attorney Lisa King said. "They didn't consent to being infected with HIV. There is no question that bodily fluid infected with the HIV virus is a deadly weapon and having the HIV is serious bodily injury."

Padieu was arrested and charged with six counts of aggravated assault with a deadly weapon in July of 2007. Padieu learned of his HIV positive status in September of 2005, his doctor testified last Wednesday.

An investigation began in February 2007 after two women who tested positive for the virus contacted police. That's when Frisco police discovered four other women from Padieu's past.

Padieu's attorneys argued that their client is being prosecuted for his lifestyle choice, which was sleeping with lots of women, and said that in Texas, there is no law mandating that Padieu had to tell anyone he was HIV-positive. [How many things can his idiot lawyers get wrong in one sentence?]

Related Stories
    Ex-Lover Calls HIV Man a Real Swinger
    Man Accused of Spreading HIV Faces Victims

"I didn't know lifestyle was illegal in this country. I really didn't," said defense attorney George A. Giles. "We don't prosecute people until we at least give them enough notice that they should be prosecuted for doing something illegal."

Defense attorneys said the women had a responsibility to practice safe sex just as much as Padieu, if not more.

"No glove, no love, pure and simple," defense attorney Bennie House said. "That should have been the rule. If that didn't happen, they should have walked out, and he should have too."

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    How would you like to wake up and find him standing over your bed with his dripping cock in his hands.

Who in their right mind would be boffing this ghoul anyway?

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    How would you like to wake up and find him standing over your bed with his dripping cock in his hands.

Car 4
    I don't know Car 4 , but I wish he would do his lawyers right in their pie-holes so they would shut the f*#k up and enjoy his "lifestyle" from the pointy end and see how much they like it.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    At least he can enjoy his "lifestyle" now with his cellmates
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    He's not the first to be prosecuted for this...merely the most recent. You'd think women would learn to insist on condoms. *sigh*
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post

Car 4
    lol, i was thinking the same thing. hes an old ass, hideous, broke dick version of edward scissor hands.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Thread Information