Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Pizza man helps save Rape victim

Quick-thinking pizza man leads cops to rape victim - 5/29/09 - New York News and Tri-State News - 7online.com

Pizza man helps to save rape victim
    Friday, May 29, 2009 | 6:09 PM

SEVIERVILLE, Tenn. -- An alert deliveryman spotted a woman tied up inside a remote cabin in Tennessee's Smoky Mountains while dropping off a pizza, and police said his 911 call helped rescue the kidnapping and rape victim.

Sevier County deputies freed the 24-year-old woman Tuesday evening after getting an emergency call from deliveryman Chris Turner. They arrested David J. Jansen, 46, of Snellville, Ga., on charges of aggravated kidnapping and rape, Sheriff Ron Seals said.

The woman told authorities she was jogging near her home in Atlanta about 11:50 a.m. Tuesday when Jansen, whom she knew, asked her to see his new car. She got into the vehicle, which turned out to be a rental.

She told police she was tied up, driven more than 200 miles to the cabin in Tennessee and raped. Later, the suspect ordered takeout. The Associated Press does not identify alleged victims of sexual assault.

Turner said he pulled up to the cabin with the pizza around 8 p.m.

"When I knocked on the door and handed the guy my credit card slip to get him to sign it, there happened to be a young lady (who) popped over the back of the couch and showed me that her hands were bound together," Turner told WBIR-TV. "(She) was mouthing to me, 'Please call 911."'

The deliveryman returned to his van, wrote down the suspect's tag number and called police from a neighbor's house.

Deputies arrived, found the victim tied up on the couch and arrested Jansen. They took the woman to a hospital.

"We feel like she was in very imminent danger based on what investigators saw and evidence found at the scene," Capt. Jeff McCarter told The Mountain Press newspaper. McCarter didn't immediately return calls from The Associated Press.

Jansen was being held on $800,000 bond. Phone calls to a listing for a 46-year-old David J. Jansen in Snellville were not returned Friday.

Turner said the victim and her husband came by the pizza shop the day after the abduction. "She just wanted me to know she was OK and everything," he said. "And that they were thankful for what I did and all that."
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    That's one Pizza Man that deserves a big tip. I wouldn't be surprised if this dirtdag's arrest doesn't clear a number of other crimes including some homicides.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    That's one Pizza Man that deserves a big tip. I wouldn't be surprised if this dirtdag's arrest doesn't clear a number of other crimes including some homicides.
    You're right, this doesn't have the earmarks of a first time offender, does it?
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    Wow, what an idiot. Not exactly the smartest crook out there...let's order pizza to the cabin I've kidnapped somebody in.

Nice job of the pizzaman to pretend like nothing, and then call 911 once he was out of sight.
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by KaiGywer View Post
    Wow, what an idiot. Not exactly the smartest crook out there...let's order pizza to the cabin I've kidnapped somebody in.

Nice job of the pizzaman to pretend like nothing, and then call 911 once he was out of sight.
    Idiot or overconfident ? Big step for a sex offender to kidnap someone , usually there is an escalation process that occurs. What was he planning on doing with her when he was finish? Again a big step. I would dig hard on this one........ Spidey sense is going crazy on this one. Whoops, wrong comic book character. Forgive me, Pete.
    The quick thinking the victim displayed is another reason she is still with us. She refused to remain a victim.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm glad the pizzaman did something. To many people are unwilling to get involved now a days.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    She was as good as dead, good work Pizza Guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Great work by the pizza guy!

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Good for him!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Pinki is offline Sergeant
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Yay for the pizza guy!
    Arm the sheep!

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Excellent news.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Kudos to the pizza guy!
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Great job for the Pizza Guy. I delivered pizzas for several years after getting out of high school and never had this much excitement. Unless you want to count the 2 times that one of the stores that I worked in was robbed. By the same guys, even.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Great job!

Supporting Member Lvl 3

UPDATE: Police: Woman in rape case gave false reports before

You guys here are not going to like this. Seems that this woman has a history of pulling this kind of crap. I see prison time in both of their futures, I hope. I also hope that their respective spouses take them for every cent they have. This is despicable. Lying idiot on the woman's part.

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Police: Woman in rape case gave false reports before

ATLANTA — A woman who told police she was kidnapped from an Atlanta street, driven to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee where she was raped has pleaded guilty twice before to charges she filed false assault reports, a newspaper reported Monday.

Maj. Ron Hunton of the Cherokee County police department told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the 24-year-old woman claimed in 2005 she had been raped in the suburban Atlanta county but wound up pleading guilty to charges that she had made up the story.

Hunton also said the woman later pleaded guilty to making a false report in Fannin County in the north Georgia mountains after telling police she had been stabbed.

She told Tennessee investigators she was jogging in her Atlanta neighborhood last week when she was approached by an acquaintance, tied up and kidnapped. She said she was driven to a cabin in Gatlinburg, Tenn., where she was raped twice, according to the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office.

David Jansen of Snellville, Ga., the suspect in last week’s attack, told investigators the meeting had been arranged and that the two were on a romantic getaway from their spouses.

Police said the alleged kidnapping was foiled when a pizza deliveryman who brought Jansen dinner several hours later saw the woman and called 911.

Jansen is free on $800,000 bond. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated rape and is scheduled to return to Sevier County for a July 17 court hearing.

His wife filed for divorce on Friday.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

Norm357 is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Quote Originally Posted by CTR man View Post
    You guys here are not going to like this. Seems that this woman has a history of pulling this kind of crap. I see prison time in both of their futures, I hope. I also hope that their respective spouses take them for every cent they have. This is despicable. Lying idiot on the woman's part.

Chattanooga Times Free Press | Police: Woman in rape case gave false reports before

ATLANTA — A woman who told police she was kidnapped from an Atlanta street, driven to the Smoky Mountains of Tennessee where she was raped has pleaded guilty twice before to charges she filed false assault reports, a newspaper reported Monday.

Maj. Ron Hunton of the Cherokee County police department told The Atlanta Journal-Constitution that the 24-year-old woman claimed in 2005 she had been raped in the suburban Atlanta county but wound up pleading guilty to charges that she had made up the story.

Hunton also said the woman later pleaded guilty to making a false report in Fannin County in the north Georgia mountains after telling police she had been stabbed.

She told Tennessee investigators she was jogging in her Atlanta neighborhood last week when she was approached by an acquaintance, tied up and kidnapped. She said she was driven to a cabin in Gatlinburg, Tenn., where she was raped twice, according to the Sevier County Sheriff’s Office.

David Jansen of Snellville, Ga., the suspect in last week’s attack, told investigators the meeting had been arranged and that the two were on a romantic getaway from their spouses.

Police said the alleged kidnapping was foiled when a pizza deliveryman who brought Jansen dinner several hours later saw the woman and called 911.

Jansen is free on $800,000 bond. He was charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated rape and is scheduled to return to Sevier County for a July 17 court hearing.

His wife filed for divorce on Friday.
    hMMMM
    dlefdal said:
    Ummmm, what if I don't like thumbs in my butt?

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And the plot thickens
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The pizza guy still did good. Let's enjoy the part of the story involving a decent person and cut off the crust.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    The pizza guy still did good. Let's enjoy the part of the story involving a decent person and cut off the crust.

Sounds good to me. Pizza guy rules!

Not a LEO

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    Kudos to the pizza guy true,BUT,a lot of us flamed the "suspect" and some time you must pay the piper.Maybe,we were wrong about him AT LEAST THIS TIME,and as such need to maybe admit it,

Lie detector test finds rape-kidnap suspect's denials truthful

By Robert Wilson
    Friday, June 5, 2009

A polygraph examination of a man accused of kidnapping an Atlanta woman, bringing her to a Sevier County cabin and raping her indicates that his denials in the case are truthful, according to court documents.

Donald A. Bosch, the Knoxville attorney representing David Joseph Jansen of Snellville, Ga., included that information in a motion filed Thursday in Sevier County General Sessions Court asking that Jansen’s bond be reduced from $400,000 on each of the two charges against him to $50,000 on each.

Jansen is charged with aggravated kidnapping and aggravated rape. He was arrested May 26 at the rental cabin after a pizza delivery man saw the woman mouth to him the words “Call 911” and display her wrists, which were bound.

Since Jansen’s arrest, information has surfaced that the woman twice in the past has made false crime reports to authorities in Georgia, one claiming she was attacked and stabbed and the other that she had been kidnapped and raped.

knox news

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information