Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Teen given citation for "imprudent speed" after crashing dad's Audi. Then has license suspended after posting video of wreck, where he was doing 160

Young drivers and fast cars are proving to be a disturbing and sometimes deadly combination on Dane County highways.

Three young people died in recent weeks on area roads and city streets, in part because of excessive speed.

Andrea Garcia, a 19-year-old Madison woman who was a passenger in a car that lost control on U.S. 51 near McFarland on May 15, died after being thrown from the car.

Michael Castle, an 18-year-old New Glarus man, died early Saturday morning after losing control of his car on Wisconsin 69.

A third fatal crash was perhaps the slowest of the three, but still involved a fast-moving car that went out of control.

A 14-year-old girl, Dionna Cook, was killed and two other teen girls were critically injured when the 15-year-old unlicensed driver of the stolen car they were in lost control and crashed on the city's east side Friday night.

The most glaring example of high speed on our highways came in April, when a 17-year-old teen pushed the speedometer needle almost up to 160 mph in an Audi S4 while taking a joyride on U.S. 151 near Verona.

The unidentified teen had two others in the car; one videotaped the speedometer as it climbed, with the video ending shortly before the car crashed.

Amazingly, no one was injured in the crash.

The video from inside the Audi S4 was posted on YouTube:

Because of the YouTube posting, police were able to bring additional charges against the driver instead of just the "imprudent speed" citation originally issued to him in April. His license was suspended and he was fined more than $1,000.

Other speeders also have walked away from their hijinks.

Last week, a Dane County traffic team deputy stopped an 18-year-old male from Stoughton for excessive speed. He was driving 120 mph in a 65 mph zone, on U.S. 14 in Fitchburg.

The driver had a young female passenger. Both were wearing seatbelts, but when speeds are that high, seatbelts might not prevent death.

"Seatbelts or not, at those speeds some crashes are not survivable," said Dane County Sheriff's Office spokesperson Elise Schaffer.

Another deputy stopped a driver for speeding in Sun Prairie, doing 115 mph in a 55 mph zone.

"These extreme speeds put not only the occupants of those vehicles at high risk, but anyone who may encounter them on the roadway is a potential target," Schaffer said.

Last year, there were 27,311 speed-related crashes on state highways, according to statistics maintained by the Wisconsin Department of Transportation.

Those crashes caused 187 fatalities and 11,223 injuries.

"This is why we make traffic education and enforcement a high priority," Schaffer said. "It saves lives."

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Anybody remember the Nikki Catsouras Porsche wreck?

Warning. Some of the pictures on this site are quite graphic. Unfortunately this young lady was killed.

Not for the weak at heart or stomach. www.nikkicatsouras.net or

Google Image Result for http://fileclouds.com/cars/porsche_911_crash/video.jpg

Link may not work on Firefox but I can get it on IE. Otherwise google Nikki Catsouras Porsche Wreck.

Kids need to be educated that they are NOT invincible.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    ...while taking a joyride on U.S. 151 near Verona.
    I can see how it would be tempting to blast down that stretch. After going up/left/up/down/right/left/down/up/left to get from Point A to Point B all the time, to find a straight flat road is a wondrous thing! Heck I tried to cross from one side of the beltline near Fish Hatchery to get to a store I could SEE on the other side and, following the maze they call roads, ended up on 151 headed for Verona. I can imagine the locals rolling their eyes as they read "Damn tourists"

Enough with the levity, on with the video. F'ing idiots

Hmm, CTR's link doesn't want to work
    NIKKI CATSOURAS Accident Photos :: Porsche Girl Crash Pics Uncensored

That link works, but I'm getting a security warning on it.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post

Hmm, CTR's link doesn't want to work
    NIKKI CATSOURAS Accident Photos :: Porsche Girl Crash Pics Uncensored

That link works, but I'm getting a security warning on it.
    try the google one Google Image Result for http://fileclouds.com/cars/porsche_911_crash/video.jpg

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by Odd View Post
    I can see how it would be tempting to blast down that stretch. After going up/left/up/down/right/left/down/up/left to get from Point A to Point B all the time, to find a straight flat road is a wondrous thing! Heck I tried to cross from one side of the beltline near Fish Hatchery to get to a store I could SEE on the other side and, following the maze they call roads, ended up on 151 headed for Verona. I can imagine the locals rolling their eyes as they read "Damn tourists"
    YEP DAMN TOURISTS

There are some pretty hilly and curvy areas but roads are good for the most part
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    The video is being flagged by my software as bad juju too.

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I dont get how people wreck their "Fast cars". I cant imagine how fast they would kill themselves with an actual fast car.
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

Thread Information