Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Terminator is offline BANNED

Ashton Kutcher calls for special ops action against North Korea

Ashton Kutcher has demanded American politicians race to free two US journalists convicted for illegally entering North Korea, insisting Monday's shock news of their imprisonment is "a national crisis".
    The actor is among those outraged by reports Laura Ling and Euna Lee have been sentenced to 12 years behind bars.
    The two Current TV reporters were found guilty of committing "a grave crime" against North Korea, and Kutcher took to his Twitter.com blog to appeal for help on the two journalists' behalf.
    He writes, "This should be a national crisis... We have to demand that something be done."
    Kutcher went so far as to suggest the US military should get involved, adding, "I say it’s special ops time… If we can save that Captain (Capt. Richard Phillips) from (Somalian) pirates, we can save these journalist (sic)."
    Ling and Lee were reporting about the trafficking of North Korean women when they were arrested near the China-North Korea border on 17 March.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    We should have destroyed their military bases and nuclear capability before they launched their first test missile - And issue an ultimatum that the bombing on the Capital will commence in 24 hours if the girls aren't returned unharmed.

Unfortunately, I have a feeling that a rescue mission will just result in more hostages. The girls were stupid for even going there, so we really can't afford to back down out of fear of killing them in the process of preventing a nuclear threat on the US, but we can try to do both at the same time.

We're still just in a cease fire with them, much as we were with Iraq. They obviously learned nothing from Iraq.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I am not much of a student of world politics, but I have to wonder if North Korea is trying to push some buttons and start a fight for some reason. I can't see the benefit to them if they are.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I guess the special ops response is the trendy option now days. I would take a different approach.

Dear North Korea,

If you return our two citizens we will let you keep your navy. You have thirty minutes.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    PS: Don't try anything with your shitty Air Force, or we will wipe that out too.

We estimate this will add 5 minutes to our mission plan.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

luckyme is offline The bastard you love, the hero you hate
    Verified LEO
    We should petition the UN the send out a resolution condemning their actions, and threatening further reprimands if they don't comply. Yeah.. that'll do it.

Ashton's a moron.

Still, however, Kim Jong Il DOES need a Tomahawk cruise missile up his pooper.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sgt. Slaughter View Post
    Ashton's a moron.

Still, however, Kim Jong Il DOES need a Tomahawk cruise missile up his pooper.
    Sounds good to me.

Never could quite get over why most of these Hollywood actor liberal nutjobs think that just because their famous means that we want to listen to their spiel.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Eh....liberal or not - doesn't make them any more qualified to comment on world affairs than you or I. While refreshing to hear a non-liberal view from Hollyweird, that still doesn't mean I give it any more credence than the drivel that comes out of liberal mouths.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    It makes him (and us) just as qualified to run the country as our current Commander in Chief

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    It makes him (and us) just as qualified to run the country as our current Commander in Chief
    If tactical or strategical military knowledge was a requirement, *I* am more qualified than the current office holder.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Well Ashton, how about you get your pooter down to MEPS and get your ass to boot. Then you go fight the NoComs. Speaking from your pooter while boinking someone old enough to be your mother ain't impressing me much.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Maybe President Obama will make Kutcher the Special Ops Czar
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    Well Ashton, how about you get your pooter down to MEPS and get your ass to boot. Then you go fight the NoComs. Speaking from your pooter while boinking someone old enough to be your mother ain't impressing me much.

Hell hath no fury like a non-combatant.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.

Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Terminator View Post
    He writes, "This should be a national crisis... We have to demand that something be done."
    Kutcher went so far as to suggest the US military should get involved, adding, "I say it’s special ops time… If we can save that Captain (Capt. Richard Phillips) from (Somalian) pirates, we can save these journalist (sic)."
    "Dude, where is my gun?"
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    "Dude, where is my gun?"
    Sorry man, but the thing won't let me rep you again yet. That sh*t is funny!
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    I tried but it won't let me rep him for ya, gotta spread it around first.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Suppose North Korea would do an even trade for Ashton and Demi?

Seems to me everyone wins that way.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by mack View Post
    I tried but it won't let me rep him for ya, gotta spread it around first.
    I got him
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

JLK
    JLK is offline Protecting Those That Can't Protect Themselves
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    If tactical or strategical military knowledge was a requirement, *I* am more qualified than the current office holder.

so is my 7 year old son come think of it my 2 year old daughter has him beat also.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information