Welcome to the APBWeb.
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Police Station invaded by...Don't Look Lew!

The snakes are winning!
    The snakes are winning! | Oddly Enough | Reuters

FREETOWN (Reuters) - Police in Sierra Leone have called in the army and fire brigade to try to take back control of a police station which has been overrun by hundreds of venomous snakes.

Snake charmers have tried in vain to lure the beasts, mostly cobras and vipers, out of Gerihun police station in the southern district of Bo. Attempts to smoke them out also failed.

Officers and residents wanting to report crimes have grown too afraid to come to the building.

"Even during work time when statements are being taken, these snakes can come out in dozens. Inhabitants have found it difficult to report cases to the police," station spokesman Brima Kota said.

Police officers at the station said the presence of the snakes had left many of them too afraid to work from their desks.

"We constantly hear hisses and weird sounds from the roof and we are always restless," said one police officer, who asked not to be identified.

Soldiers and fire fighters had been dispatched from the capital Freetown and would try to flood out the snakes, believed to number as many as 400, he said.

Wild animals have regularly had run-ins with villagers in remote, thickly forested parts of Sierra Leone, particularly in settlements where humans have only recently returned after fleeing the country's 10-year civil war.

Paramilitary police were drafted in to protect villagers in Bo from wild bush cows after a farmer was gored to death a few years ago, while rampaging elephants killed eight people and chased 600 from their homes in the east not long before that.

What a lively place!

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I would go through every round of ammo I could get my hands on if I worked there.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    I bet Lew would resign by email and send his equipment and uniforms via FedEx.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    i see a snake and i turn into a little screaming bitch. honestly, i would let out a high pitch shrill, throw my hands in the air, jump up on the desk, stand on my tiptoes, spin in circles, point at it, and cry for help, all while suffering from involuntary jazz hands and spirit fingers. ok, im exagerating a lot, but i do fucking hate snakes.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    They should just burn the building down and start over. Of course while the building is burning they need to set up sharp shooters to take out any creature that tries to escape.

As for me my response would be just like Tapouts

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Xiphos View Post
    I would go through every round of ammo I could get my hands on if I worked there.
    They would find me stuttering and reloading magazines out of boxes...
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Snakes don't bother me, now we start talking spiders and all bets are off. Thanks to these little bastards that are all around my house.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

JAYBIRD33081 is offline CAT: THE OTHER WHITE MEAT
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    zippo and can of aquanet hairspray, great homemade flame thrower,

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Five-0, I actually watched that whole movie.

I will never recover that time.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

IMachU is offline First Class Private
    Verified LEO
    Five-0, you SUCK for posting that pic!!!!! I will NNEEVVEERR watch that movie, ever. My response to spiders is like tapout's response to snakes...and it HAS happened:

We have a station on a slight hill. The rain started one day, and I found that those small holes on the embankment next to the station driveway were not squirrel holes....they were tarantula holes....as a couple came into the station to keep from drowning. My sergeant (I was an officer then) found me standing on the table with the hammer about to drop, screaming like a 6 year old school girl. He calmly took a cup, put the friggin godzilla spider of death in it, and kept it as a pet. He ain't right.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Bunch of babies....

just an assorted bunch of God's creatures just trying to survive.

(neither snakes nor spiders bother me..worked on snakes in vet med for 10 years...)
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by IMachU View Post
    Five-0, you SUCK for posting that pic!!!!! I will NNEEVVEERR watch that movie, ever. My response to spiders is like tapout's response to snakes...

+1000000. I nearbout jumped out of my skin when that pic scrolled up.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Bunch of babies....
    Damn right
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

ďA fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.Ē Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    i see a snake and i turn into a little screaming bitch. honestly, i would let out a high pitch shrill, throw my hands in the air, jump up on the desk, stand on my tiptoes, spin in circles, point at it, and cry for help, all while suffering from involuntary jazz hands and spirit fingers. ok, I'm exaggerating a lot, but i do fucking hate snakes.
    I do believe we now have Lewisipso Jr. in our midst.

Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Snakes don't bother me, now we start talking spiders and all bets are off. Thanks to these little bastards that are all around my house.

YouTube - Eight Legged Freaks (Arac Attack) Trailer
    I have a co-worker that once he sees a spider, he starts jumping around like he is playing that video game Dance Dance Revolution. He swears that all spiders are either Black widows or Brown recluses. Sometimes we encounter small spiders when unloading semi trailers. I've never seen someone (an adult) scream like a little girl so much like this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Bunch of babies....

just an assorted bunch of God's creatures just trying to survive.

(neither snakes nor spiders bother me..worked on snakes in vet med for 10 years...)
    You and my wife Kittylynn would get along real well. She once had to babysit a couple of young boys when she was younger and they brought out their pet corn snake, thinking that they would scare her. Kitty wanted to play with the snake. The boys were thinking, WTF??? Girls are supposed to be afraid of snakes. They had never met Kitty before. I guess she passed the test as she was called back numerous times to babysit those boys because they thought she was cool.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I can't think of a single critter that scares me so long as it's not attacking me. I can think of a hell of a lot that would surprise the shit out of me, the moray eel that I encountered while snorkeling just about had to swim in brown water, ditto for the snake that was lounging on the rock I was swimming up to, but no phobias that I know of.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Spiders scare me because they tend to be in unexpected places. Inside boots, shoes, crawling on you when you don't know it. If I can see them they don't bother me. I'm a hands on kinda guy when it comes to animals. Those damn Black Widows are in just about every traffic light control box in the county. You can only get the anti-venom once, and I'm saving that for when I'm old. Then again some spiders are more dangerous than others. For example the Crack Spider is one bad SOB:

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Maybe they should stop playing with their snakes at work and do their jobs.

Thereís a promise I need you to make
    While Iím gone you take care of the love
    And Iíll deal with the hate.

Donít worry about me; Iíll be all right
    Just care for your children and sleep tight
    Iíll keep you safe on my watch tonight
    ~
    On My Watch Tonight - Mike Corrado

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Spiders scare me because they tend to be in unexpected places. Inside boots, shoes, crawling on you when you don't know it. If I can see them they don't bother me. I'm a hands on kinda guy when it comes to animals. Those damn Black Widows are in just about every traffic light control box in the county. You can only get the anti-venom once, and I'm saving that for when I'm old. Then again some spiders are more dangerous than others. For example the Crack Spider is one bad SOB:

YouTube - Spiders On Drugs

SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    OMG, I forgot about the "Spiders on Drugs" vid, that's a classic!!
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Buttercup is online now Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    i see a snake and i turn into a little screaming bitch. honestly, i would let out a high pitch shrill, throw my hands in the air, jump up on the desk, stand on my tiptoes, spin in circles, point at it, and cry for help, all while suffering from involuntary jazz hands and spirit fingers. ok, im exagerating a lot, but i do fucking hate snakes.

I don't like spiders or snakes.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information