Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO

Victim Fail...Man Impersonating Cop tries to stop dispatcher

Alleged cop impersonator tries to stop dispatcher

COLLIER COUNTY: A man was arrested for allegedly impersonating an officer and trying to pull over a motorist. The victim was a sheriff's office dispatcher.

The victim told deputies she was driving west on US 41 just after 8 pm Monday night when she drove through a yellow light at Guilford Road.

She noticed a silver Hummer do a U-turn and run through the red light in order to catch up with her.

She said the Hummer pulled up next to her and signaled for her to roll down the window while showing a gold badge.

The victim, a Collier County Sheriff's Office dispatcher, didn't recognize the badge.

She said the man began yelling out her, telling her she ran the red light, reports said.

The woman told deputies the man said he was allowed to run red lights, "to catch up to people like you."

The victim turned onto Airport Pulling Road and the man in the Hummer followed her.

When she did a u-turn at Airport Pulling Road and Davis Boulevard, the man in the Hummer continued onto Davis.

Deputies located the Hummer and identified the driver as 37-year-old Christopher Worrell.

Deputies say they found the following items in Worrell's Hummer: [see picture below]

A gold Florida concealed firearms badge
    A loaded .40 caliber Glock with a bullet in the chamber
    Three Glock magazines
    Two pairs of handcuffs and keys
    100 extra rounds of .40 caliber ammunition
    Multiple 12-gauge shotgun shells
    Two pocket knives
    Flashlight
    A can of pepper spray
    Worrell does have a concealed weapons permit.

Worrell, 2325 Hidden Lake Drive, Unit 10, East Naples, was charged with impersonating a law enforcement officer, a felony.

The Collier County Sheriff's Office wants to issue the following tips to motorists to ensure their safety:

Activate your hazard lights to notify the officer that you are complying with the request to pull over.
    If it is dark, pull over to a well-lit area, such as a convenience store.
    Call 911 on your cell phone and ask the dispatcher to verify that it is an officer trying to pull you over. Have the dispatcher verify your vehicle description and your location and stop when it's safe.
    If it is an undercover car with a plainclothes officer, request that a marked patrol car with a uniformed officer respond.
    When you do stop, do not get out of your vehicle. Stay inside and lock your car doors. Look for an official agency badge, equipment or uniform. If the officer is in plainclothes, you can request that the officer show some identification. You can even call dispatch again to confirm their identity.
    Officers should immediately tell you why you are being pulled over.
    Trust your instincts.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

10-42Adam is offline Major
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Another stupid impersonator. When will the idiots ever stop?!
    Calm Like A Bomb...

A pessimist sees difficulty in every opportunity. An optimist sees opportunity in every difficulty.
    -Winston Churchill

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    NBC2 News - Alleged cop impersonator tries to stop dispatcher

Man charged with impersonating officer after deputies say he tried to pull woman over : Crime : Naples Daily News

Good-bye impersonator. He just pulled over the wrong person although I suspect it was just a matter of time before this imbecile got caught. Go directly to jail. Do not pass go. Do not collect $$$. Say goodbye to your CCW as you just committed a felony. What a dumbass. Glad that the dispatcher had her head on straight and trusted her instincts.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    LOL - One of those stupid concealed handgun badges - No wonder she didn't recognize it

Why don't these people just pay their way thru Academy and become a real cop instead of screwing around with crap like this?

It's probably better for EVERYONE that thay DON'T become cops, but the question is still something that they should ask themselves.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Some impersonators may have applied to LE jobs, but showing up to get DQ'd at phase one takes too much time out of their disorganized lives. A few are private security, but those companies also weed out their risky appplicants or employees.

Impersonators are losers creating a "cop" persona from how they view life. Some are worse. Most impersonators are male and most victims are female. Appears to be a sexualy motivated crime, so why not register convicted police impersonators as other convicted sex offenders are required to register?

Some other impersonators are drug gang "dope rip offs". Danger is high, they are armed. Impersonation is used to gain access to a victim, or is part of a robbery. Impersonation is either a violent, or sexual motivated crime.

Police Impersonators are dangerous predators. The danger is as real in the loss of public trust in the uniform/badge/car, as the crime iitself. Many states still treat impersonators
    as simple misdemeanors.

Ted Bundy, Caryl Chessman, Hillside Strangler aka Bianchi...........among many police impersonators who left their mark.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    A few are private security, but those companies also weed out their risky appplicants or employees.
    The one I got to arrest was just that.

And they may want to change that sentence to read he HAD a concealed weapons permit
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by sgtbear111 View Post
    Ted Bundy, Caryl Chessman, Hillside Strangler aka Bianchi...........among many police impersonators who left their mark.
    That's very interesting - I never knew that!

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Some impersonators may have applied to LE jobs, but showing up to get DQ'd at phase one takes too much time out of their disorganized lives. A few are private security, but those companies also weed out their risky appplicants or employees.

Impersonators are losers creating a "cop" persona from how they view life. Some are worse. Most impersonators are male and most victims are female. Appears to be a sexualy motivated crime, so why not register convicted police impersonators as other convicted sex offenders are required to register?

Some other impersonators are drug gang "dope rip offs". Danger is high, they are armed. Impersonation is used to gain access to a victim, or is part of a robbery. Impersonation is either a violent, or sexual motivated crime.

Police Impersonators are dangerous predators. The danger is as real in the loss of public trust in the uniform/badge/car, as the crime iitself. Many states still treat impersonators
    as simple misdemeanors.

incredibly well said
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    A few are private security, but those companies also weed out their risky appplicants or employees.
    We had one of those that lasted about 6 weeks. He was a major pain in the ass to work with, serious wannabe, and Corporate had no clue till I made a phone call. He's not being placed anywhere else, even after badgering nonstop for an armed site. His day job? He was an exterminator.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

armygrnt502 is offline Making my streets safer, one day at a time
    Verified LEO
    I arrested a fellow at a Mcdonald's early one morning, around 2 am or so. He had a problem with his order (not like the people working at Mcd's at 2 am are the sharpest) and began to yell loudly that he was going to arrest them and make them do time. According to the video and eye witnesses (the resturant is attached to a truck stop) he then pulled out a metal badge and began to order the employees out from the back. His yelling had attracted attenion of the entire staff as well as some of the gas station employees.

When none of them complied, he said (I just love good video that captures audio as well) that he was going to take them over the state line (which was about 3 miles away) and give them to one of his bail bonds man friends. (KY does not have bail bondsmen, but TN does). He claimed to be a bounty hunter that was working for a bondsman out of TN and that he had a warrant on one of the people working there. Turns out that he wasnt a bounty hunter and the bondsman had fired him earlier that week.

Needless to say, he was cuffed and stuffed rather quickly and much to my suprise when I went to court on him, I was met by our local FBI agents that infomed me that I would not need to testify as they had taken over as the lead law enforcement agency and they had my report and the video. Turns out, when you threaten to take people over state lines its considered kidnapping and the local goons had watched the video and decided to bring him up on 5 counts of attempted kidnapping.
    "Sometimes people need a little help. Sometimes people need to be forgiven. And sometimes they need to go to jail."

Thread Information