Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Taekwondo athlete opens brothel to pay fo training for next Olympics

A cash-strapped Olympic hopeful in New Zealand says he has been forced to open a brothel to fund his bid for taekwondo glory in 2012, but officials say his entry into the sex trade could mean his exit from international sport.
    Logan Campbell represented his country in the Beijing 2008 Olympics.

Logan Campbell, who represented his country in Beijing last year, says without the financial injection from his "gentlemen's club" he will be unable to continue his intensive training for the London Games.

"There is no point me going to the Olympics to make up the numbers if I go I want to be a medal contender," Campbell told the local TVNZ network.

The 23-year-old, who finished in the top 16 in Beijing after losing his first match, says he needs to raise $190,000 over the next two years.

But his brothel business has upset his sport's national governing body, which says it could hurt his chances of competing. Sound off: Do you think a brothel owner should be allowed to compete in the Olympics?

"It may be unlikely that he will be selected because of his involvement," Taekwondo New Zealand's Secretary General Matt Ransom said.
    advertisement

Campbell insists he should be entitled to compete as his Auckland business does not violate New Zealand liberal laws on prostitution. Video Watch Campbell defend his brothel

"This is perfectly legal, so I do not see why I would wreck my chances," he said, adding that if people had other ideas how to raise the cash, he would be willing to consider them.

Olympic hopeful opens brothel to pay for training - CNN.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    of the girls
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If he would've just gone with a massage parlor he could have had a happier ending....

bu dum bum
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information