Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Angry Criminal Cops without a Dash Cam BEWARE!!!

NAACP Harnesses Cell Phone Power to Launch New High Tech "Rapid Report System" to Help Citizens Report Police Misconduct -- Part of Sweeping New Civil Rights Initiative on Crime and Safety

NAACP Harnesses Cell Phone Power to Launch New High Tech "Rapid Report System" to Help Citizens Report Police Misconduct -- Part of Sweeping New Civil Rights Initiative on Crime and Safety

Press availability with NAACP President and CEO Benjamin Jealous
    Monday July 13th 12 noonNY Hilton Ave. of the Americas

An innovative national program to help fight crime in American cities and towns will be unveiled Monday, July 13th at the NAACP Centennial Convention in New York City.

The initiative includes a bold new online effort, the NAACP Rapid Report System (RRS), a quick, effective way for citizens to report instances of police misconduct, and to help public safety officials move beyond the “tough on crime” policies that have lost their effectiveness.
    The Rapid Report System will be available starting July 6, through the NAACP website (NAACP | National Association for the Advancement of Colored People). The user-friendly online RRS form will allow residents to send instant texts, emails, or video reports of police abuse to the association via cell phone.

Benjamin Jealous, President and CEO of the NAACP, said the initiative is part of a wider Criminal Justice strategy called "Smart and Safe,” that the NAACP will be launching during its Centennial Year.

“Nationwide, more than 26,000 citizen complaints of police officer use of force were filed with state and local law enforcement agencies in 2002. However, because many incidents are not reported, this number does not capture the full magnitude of the problem,” Jealous said.

“Research has shown that there are many barriers to reporting incidents of police misconduct, including intimidation at police departments and a lack of trust in the integrity of the system, among other reasons. This breakdown leads to an absence of public safety and a deterioration of the quality of life in many communities of color. But public safety is a civil and a human right; and so we want a more accurate count of these incidents,” Jealous said.

"We know that most of police officers around the nation are excellent public servants. But the few who violate people's rights are often not held accountable. We hope to improve the relationship between our community and law enforcement officers -- which is the best way to create the trust needed for police to effectively solve crimes," Jealous said.
    The Rapid Report System will be demonstrated for attendees at the NAACP Centennial Convention July 11-16th at the New York Hilton. More information on the full Convention schedule is available at NAACP | National Association for the Advancement of Colored People.
    Founded in 1909, the NAACP is the nation's oldest and largest civil rights organization. Its members in the U.S. around the world advocate for civil and human rights, conducting voter mobilization campaigns, and monitoring equal opportunity in the public and private sectors.
    Report incidents from a mobile phone here »

Report incidents from a web form here »

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Yes, the title of this thread was sarcastic. No, I have no idea why the NAACP thinks it will help black communities by re-enforcing the US vs. THEM mentality when it comes to blacks and the police. Until we as society quit making race an isssue......RACE WILL BE AN ISSUE for the hustlers and pimps that profit from race politics.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

mtaylor is offline "I dont feel the need to explain myself!"
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Just wow, instead of putting into place a system where citizens reports crimes in their community they create a system where they report misconduct of cops in their community. Like I always say you can't fix stupid.
    Romans 13:4
    For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer.

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO
    Sad, sad, sad. I don't know how you guys operate with cameras everywhere. I submit you go back to the fun days of policing. The only cameras used were still photos of a crime scene. All those who verbally assaulted a police officer went straight to jail. All those who physically assaulted an officer went straight to jail as well, via the ER with several stitches to close his wounds. It's all about respect for law and order. Yup, the good old days of being a cop in America are slowing fading, if not gone for good. With the current administration, this 'Rapid Report System' will probably get jump started. OMG, Al Sharpton will be all over the news.
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ANI4ANI View Post
    I submit you go back to the fun days of policing.
    If you can figure out how to send me back in time, I'll step up to the plate!
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

cwtlady is offline Corporal
    Supporting Member Lvl 2
    Sad, sad, sad. I don't know how you guys operate with cameras everywhere. I submit you go back to the fun days of policing. The only cameras used were still photos of a crime scene. All those who verbally assaulted a police officer went straight to jail. All those who physically assaulted an officer went straight to jail as well, via the ER with several stitches to close his wounds. It's all about respect for law and order. Yup, the good old days of being a cop in America are slowing fading, if not gone for good. With the current administration, this 'Rapid Report System' will probably get jump started. OMG, Al Sharpton will be all over the news.
    I agree, I wish it could be that way again.

If I see Sharpton more than I do now, I'm turning off the TV.
    http://www.odmp.org/officer/16551-de...l-eron-shannon

Police Officers put themselves at risk for strangers every day. Some do not make it home to their families. Next time you think of saying something negative about the police, remember...YOU are one of the strangers.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I submit you go back to the fun days of policing... All those who verbally assaulted a police officer went straight to jail. All those who physically assaulted an officer went straight to jail as well, via the ER with several stitches to close his wounds. It's all about respect for law and order.
    My mother would have taken care of the whole aspect of needing stitches for verbally disrespecting an officer. She would have put my ass in a body cast if I physically assaulted one.

I'm the same way with the duckling. I think I may be in the minority though.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Thread Information