Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

High School Wrestling Team Banned From Wearing Bikinis To Gather Attention To There Carwash

BOISE -- Wearing a bikini top to wash cars has caused some controversy for some local high school athletes.
    The Centennial Wrestling team was told they could not wear bikini tops to try and get attention at their car wash, even though the cheerleaders across the street can.
    For several, Saturday's the day the Centennial Wrestling team has been dedicating it's time to washing cars. But their method to raise money is being called controversial and offensive. The district put a stop to it, and now the team is trying to find another way to be creative.
    For the past three years, members of the Centennial Wrestling team would put on bikini tops for their fund raising car wash.
    It was a gimmick to get more money than their competition, the bikini clad girls washing cars across the street.
    "We were having to compete with cheerleaders down the road and obviously girls have different bodies than boys do and they are able to sell those assets and we are not and we needed to find a way to compete with them and it seemed to be working and we were making more money than they were," said Michelle Letourneau, a mother of one of the wrestlers.
    Funds had doubled and the team was thrilled.
    Wrestler Ty Morris was one of them, and he says the look evened the playing field.
    "The bikini was the way that people would come over and look at them, listen to them, it got attention," Morris said.
    It did get attention, even from a woman who didn't find the boys humorous.
    "I received a complaint from a member of the community in regards to the boy car wash and what she informed me was that some of our athletes had put on bikini tops and they were flashing cars, lifting the bikini tops as they were driving along,” said Joe Yochum of the Meridian School District.
    A move deemed inappropriate by the one caller and the school district.
    So the boys were told to take their tops off. And they did -- only to return to the Ustick and 5 Mile parking lot of an Albertson’s with a new idea.
    "We have brought t-shirts down and the boys have drawn bikinis on them, not to defy authority, but to say ‘hey we can make a compromise here and still try to create some attention to bring the cars in you know,’" Letourneau said.
    "It’s a wise choice,” said Joseph Reed, a car wash customer. “They are getting the car wash done, but following the rules and regulations of doing it.”
    "That's not how we want the students to represent themselves and the school district and that’s why we said that's inappropriate and we can't do that any longer," Yochum said.
    Despite not agreeing, the boys are wearing their t-shirts and still calling for cars, hoping to make money to keep wrestling.
    "It's too bad and we will learn from it I guess," Letourneau said.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    That was pretty creative on their part. Some of these people that get "offended" need to grow the fuck up.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

“A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.” Sigmund Freud

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    they should wear men's speedo's bathing suits and stuff a big pair of wool winter socks in them.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    they should wear men's speedo's bathing suits and stuff a big pair of wool winter socks in them.
    I agree, that would be hilarious and draw in lots of people for car washes!

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    That was pretty creative on their part. Some of these people that get "offended" need to grow the fuck up.
    Yeah, that's not something I would do, but who the hell do they think they are trying to tell the athletes what they can wear when not in school? They are a school team, but the car wash is not a school activity, so they have no say.
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    They shouda put on Banana Hammocks.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Standard Dave is offline Constable
    Borat style mankinis that would atract attention
    "all that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke.
    "the world is a dangerous place place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who do not do anything about it" Albert Einstein

Thread Information