Welcome to the APBWeb.
    irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO

Domestic disturbance leads to fish impaling

http://www.oregonlive.com/news/index..._leads_to.html

Domestic disturbance leads to fish impaling, Portland police say
    by Maxine Bernstein, The Oregonian
    Wednesday July 29, 2009, 12:24 PM
    Multnomah County JailDonald Earl Fite III

A 27-year-old man accused of impaling his ex-girlfriend's pet fish with a knife faces allegations of first-degree aggravated animal abuse, fourth-degree assault and coercion.

Donald Earl Fite III was in court Monday stemming from a domestic assault at his ex-girlfriend's Portland apartment on Saturday. The animal abuse charge carries a maximum of five years in prison and $125,000 fine.

According to court documents, the victim told police the couple had recently separated, but Fite showed up and kept talking about wanting to get back together.

The victim said she told Fite she had plans that night, and they didn't include him. He became angry and violent, shoving her against the bathroom wall, and grabbed her hair and threw her into the bathtub, according to the court affidavit.

The victim was able to flee her apartment and called 9-1-1. When she returned, she found her fish in the middle of the floor with a knife through it.

Fite admitted to police after his arrest that he killed the fish, and that it was a stupid thing to do. According to a court affidavit, Fite told an officer, "If she can't have me, then she can't have the fish."

Fite, who is being held at the Multnomah County Detention Center, is due back in court Aug. 4.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Something's fishy about that story.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by irishmick View Post
    According to court documents, the victim told police the couple had recently separated, but Fite showed up and kept talking about wanting to get back together.
    Come on, there are other fish in the sea!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    How is that a worse crime than hooking a fish, scaling him, and cutting him up for supper?

Award her a few dollars to buy her another fish, and charge him with criminal mischief or something for the fish, assault for pushing her against the wall & throwing her in the bath tub.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

irishmick is offline Do not mistake my kindness for weakness.
    Verified LEO
    Unfortunately, he'll probably get a stiffer sentence for the animal cruelty.
    --"D.B.A.D." --Me

--Life's tough...it's tougher if you're stupid.

--"Genius may have its limitations, but stupidity is not thus handicapped." -Elbert Hubbard

Thread Information