HudsonHawk is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

unemployed woman sues college

Jobless NYC woman sues alma mater

Jobless NYC woman sues alma mater

August 2, 2009 By The Associated Press

NEW YORK (AP) — A New York City woman who says she can't find a job is suing the college where she earned a bachelor's degree.

Trina Thompson filed a lawsuit against Monroe College in Bronx Supreme Court. The 27-year-old is seeking the $70,000 she spent on tuition.

Thompson says she's been unable to find gainful employment since she received her information technology degree in April.

She says the Bronx school's Office of Career Advancement hasn't provided her with the leads and career advice it promises.

Monroe College spokesman Gary Axelbank says Thompson's lawsuit is completely without merit.

The college insists it helps its graduates find jobs.
    Let the frivolous lawsuits begin!
    "never bring paws to a gunfight" - Jenna

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Real life hitting her over the head like a ton of bricks huh?

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Five-0 View Post
    Real life hitting her over the head like a ton of bricks huh?
    I guess she didn't like the jobs that the college had to offer and expected one to be handed to her on a silver platter.

I can't help but wonder if she is jobless, where is she getting the money for her attorney? Welfare? Slimeball attorney hoping to get paid after the fact? Or the media isn't reporting all the facts.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

CT209 is offline Once..... Forever
    Verified LEO
    I'm suing the Marines and the Army. All they did was teach me to kill things. I can't find a job doing that.... well... not a legal one anyway.

Plus, they spoiled me by giving me free use of guns I can't afford (or own), more free ammo than I could shoot, free housing and food. I can't live my life to the standards they got me accustomed to living.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

Old Scottish Motto- "nemo me impune laccessit". It still holds true today.

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CT209 View Post
    I'm suing the Marines and the Army. All they did was teach me to kill things. I can't find a job doing that.... well... not a legal one anyway.

Plus, they spoiled me by giving me free use of guns I can't afford (or own), more free ammo than I could shoot, free housing and food. I can't live my life to the standards they got me accustomed to living.
    I'm going to sue the car manufactors for not giving me the truck I want. I can't afford it but the owe it to me.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Hey pgg, that might work. I recall a case where parents sued GM for the lack of airbags in the late 80's car their kid had a fatal wreck in. If I remember right the parents won, then the appeals started and I heard no more about it.

So heck, if the car companies are liable for failing to design 15 year old cars to current standards they should either upgrade your current truck with the features you want or give you a new one!

bayern is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I am suing my Department. When I started 35 yrs ago, I expected to make Chief in about 3 months. As a College Graduate, I deserve it. I am still waitng.

Verified LEO
    +1 on the truck and the PD also.

We'll all be rich.
    "When a crime is committed, liberals blame society. Conservatives blame the criminal." -Debra Saunders

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    I am suing my Department. When I started 35 yrs ago, I expected to make Chief in about 3 months. As a College Graduate, I deserve it. I am still waitng.
    I would sue my old department for that too, but they don't have enough money to change the light bulb in the mail room that's been burnt out for a year - So I'm not sure I want to be Chief. I would just wind up getting fired demanding bulb money from the City Council

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Verified LEO
    Just found a PDF with the copy of her court papers.

First, I would have had the common sense to fill in the forms using a word processor and I think I'd have used spell check. If that wasn't possible, I do believe I'd have used a dictionary.

Maybe she can add that to her claim. The college never explained that a book with the correct spelling of words exists.

Here for your entertainment:

http://i.cdn.turner.com/cnn/2009/ima...3/thompson.pdf

Jks9199 is online now The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    She graduated in April. It's August... and it's clearly the schools fault that people aren't offering her a job.

It couldn't be a factor of the lousy economy... or total lack of experience.

Nah... it's the schools duty to find her a job!
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Thread Information