Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Girl, 13, accused of killing man after fight over milk

Labrina T. Brown, 13, didn't get along with the man who married her grandmother, even though they all lived in the same house.

She had even pulled knives on Robert A. Moon, a relative told police.

On Saturday afternoon, authorities say, the bad blood boiled over.

Brown poured herself a bowl of cereal. Instead of giving her the last of a gallon of milk, Moon poured it down the sink.

Brown swore at Moon and followed him out of the kitchen. She knocked a glass of milk from his hand, and when he turned around, she sliced his throat with a paring knife, according to a criminal complaint.

Moon, 48, died at the scene. The wound had cut his carotid artery.

Police showed up at the house in the 3200 block of N. 24th Place moments later. Brown was outside, covered in blood.

"I'm Labrina Brown and I killed him," she told an officer, according to the complaint.

Brown was charged as an adult Monday with first-degree reckless homicide, punishable by up to 60 years in prison.

She was in custody Monday evening, according to online court records. She is scheduled to appear in Children's Court on Tuesday afternoon.

According to the complaint:

Moon's stepdaughter told police Moon sarcastically told Brown she could have the rest of the milk after he poured a glass for a baby who was in the house.

Brown swore at Moon, who then poured what was left of the milk down the drain and walked out of the kitchen, carrying the glass of milk for the baby.

The relative told police Brown swore at Moon again, picked up the knife, followed him out of the kitchen and attacked him.

Moon said, "She stabbed me, she stabbed me in the neck," before collapsing, his stepdaughter told investigators.

A neighbor told police she saw Brown run out of the house, covered in blood, and yelling, "I told you! I told you!"

The neighbor asked Brown what she meant.

"I told you, I stabbed him!" Brown said. "I cut his throat! He's dead."

The neighbor told police Brown later said, "I'm not afraid to go to jail for this."

More here: Girl, 13, accused of killing man after fight over milk - JSOnline

By Ryan Haggerty of the Journal Sentinel

Posted: Aug. 10, 2009

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Now that takes crying over spilt milk to a whole new level!

This will be the final headlines once it is out of LE hands and into the court system:

Abusive man who drove step granddaughter to swipe his carotid sentenced 30 days in a juvie pysch unit.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

ANI4ANI is offline Served my city 1972-1997
    Verified LEO

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by 2 Blue 4 U View Post
    Now that takes crying over spilt milk to a whole new level!
    That's the best line...
    As today's police officers you are not unlike your counterparts of years past. You are an elite group of select members, a brotherhood of highly trained professionals, who are called upon to protect your community in a time of need. Guardians for safety. Being a police officer is not for the faint of heart. You must be honest, trustworthy and fearless in the face of evil. You are being watched everyday. Represent yourself, your department and the shield, for it should always be the embodiment of all that is good and justly. You are the thin blue line. Be proud, be tough and be safe.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Crying over spilled milk can send you to jail. Who would have thought?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    what the hell is "children's court"? talk about minimizing...they dont even call it juvenile court?
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by tapout View Post
    what the hell is "children's court"? talk about minimizing...they dont even call it juvenile court?
    I was thinking the same thing, sounds like political correctness at it's worst!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    this type of crap scares the hell out of me... what kind of world is my kids gonna grow up in? =/
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Thread Information