Welcome to the APBWeb.
    tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO

love seeing our olympic hopefuls getting arrested on multiple warrants

CITY SUSPENDS 3 OFFICERS IN WAKE OF ALLEGED HIT-RUN ...
    Friday August 7th 2009 11:43 AM
    ... Reported victim picked up on juvenile warrants ...

baltimoresun.com

By Justin Fenton | justin.fenton@baltsun.com

August 7, 2009

Three Baltimore police officers have been suspended after a 17-year-old boy said an unmarked cruiser drove into him as he sat on a dirt bike, the department said.

The announcement of the move comes as the teenager, an Olympic boxing hopeful, was picked up by police Thursday morning on two outstanding juvenile warrants, police and his attorney confirmed.

At a news conference at his attorney's office last week, Deon Johnson said he was sitting on a dirt bike talking to friends July 28 after leaving boxing practice when an unmarked police car drove into him, causing several injuries. Johnson was walking on crutches and his right hand was bandaged, and attorney J. Wyndal Gordon said the family intended to sue the Police Department.

Anthony Guglielmi, the department's chief spokesman, confirmed that police found Johnson "hiding in a couch" at his home and detained him after serving the two warrants. Guglielmi and Gordon declined to specify what charges Johnson was picked up on, noting that juvenile records are private.

But Gordon said the warrants should have no bearing on Johnson's claims that he was the victim of a police hit-and-run.

The names of the officers suspended as internal investigators probe the incident were not immediately available, but Guglielmi said they were assigned to the Central District's operations unit. He said the officers have been suspended with pay, which Guglielmi cautioned is customary when such allegations are raised.

Johnson said at last week's news conference that he was training for the 2012 Olympics and displayed a championship belt from a match between a youth boxing center in Washington and boxers from Northern Ireland.

Copyright 2009, The Baltimore Sun
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    So in other words, he's a dirtbag who can box.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    So in other words, he's a dirtbag who can box.
    I believe thats correct! I'm guessing with all the failed attempts to get this kid and that he just happened to be on a dirt bike, they didn't want him to get away. So a little bump with the car would put him down so he can be taken in.
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If you can hide "in a couch" how hurt could you be? Getting on a couch while hurt I can see but come on.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

Thread Information