Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO

Cop fired after waitress poses with rifle on car

Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    They have at least one unit there and admitted to drinking 3-5 beers each. Thinking the picture wasn't the reason for being canned...........
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Second Chance View Post
    They have at least one unit there and admitted to drinking 3-5 beers each. Thinking the picture wasn't the reason for being canned...........

What 3-5 is too many?

Damn media, if that's the case why didn't they post the pictures of the beer instead of the "flirty"
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Thats what my guess it also
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    Slutty bar + large amount of beer + duty weapon in the hands of slutty waitress = job loss.

TXPO710 is offline Dumb ole' Cowboy
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smar
    Damn media, if that's the case why didn't they post the pictures of the beer instead of the "flirty"
    They can't even get it right, it's the trunk not the hood...althought they got the twin peaks right.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    The officer in question should have just told the waitress to shoot him for all he just did. And his colleagues just stood by and let him do it. Still there is probably more to the story.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    That's what I'm thinking, too...
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    I like how an officer inside, not even apart of the deal gets a letter of rep.
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Shoestring View Post
    I like how an officer inside, not even apart of the deal gets a letter of rep.
    Yeah that part pissed me off too
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Shoestring is offline Please dont check the trunk...
    Verified LEO
    Authorized Vendor
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    Yeah that part pissed me off too
    My guess was that he did not report the incident even if he was not involved.

I can see the rebuttle "I was in the crapper and I did not know what was going on"

I dont know what State Law is in Texas about Intoxicated Possession of a Firearm, my guess is the one got canned for being intoxicated (3-5 beers) and handling a firearm, not to mention letting a civilian play with your GUN
    Somebody Please, what the hell is that smell?

"The difference between 'involvement' and 'commitment' is like an eggs-and-ham breakfast: the chicken was 'involved' - the pig was 'committed'."

The views, opinions, stupid off the cuff comments, mouthy, obnoxious, thoughtless, etc etc etc are not always or even some of the time the belief of my department, so bugger off!

Jks9199 is offline The Reason People Hate Cops & Causer of War
    Verified LEO
    Or he lied or tried to cover it up...

Or is just the guy on the shit list.
    Voting against incumbents until we get a Congress that does its job.

TASER: almost as good as alcohol for teaching white boys to dance

"Don't suffer from PTSD -- Go out and cause it!"
    -- Col. David Grossman, US Army, ret.

All opinions expressed are my own and are not official statements of my employer.

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Yep - In Texas, I believe the law says you're not supposed to carry firearms after consuming ANY amount of alcohol, and this happened in Texas.

It's one of those things that you don't hear of anyone getting convicted over unless they do something really stupid - or in this case I suspect, just something embarasing to the police department.

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

JeffW is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Sad part is that another cop from another agency dimes them out. Or so I am told.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    Yep - In Texas, I believe the law says you're not supposed to carry firearms after consuming ANY amount of alcohol, and this happened in Texas.

It's one of those things that you don't hear of anyone getting convicted over unless they do something really stupid - or in this case I suspect, just something embarasing to the police department.
    You believe the law in Texas says what?

Even I was able to retrieve 46.035, and it only says intoxicated.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

JSO85360 is offline Coming soon through a door near you!
    Verified LEO
    I'd have no problem at all letting that cute little waitress hold my gun. But I'd never let her touch my rifle.
    The six o'clock rule
    I tell them to act according to the six o'clock rule, a phrase that causes most of them to say, "Huh?"
    I tell them to use this little test before they decide to do something. If they were to do what they're thinking about, and it became the lead story on the six o'clock news, would they be proud? Would their department be proud, and would their family be proud? It's a simple way to live your life both personally and professionally.

Bruce Thomason

"If you tell the truth you don't have to remember anything." Mark Twain

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Quote Originally Posted by maclean View Post
    You believe the law in Texas says what?

Even I was able to retrieve 46.035, and it only says intoxicated.
    Yeah, you're right, the firearms section says intoxicated in that paragraph.

Public Intoxication has also been used, though, because it involves the safety of the public or himself. You definitely don't have to know the degree of intoxication with that, and if they're screwing around with a shotgun in the parking lot after drinking, you could easily come to the conclusion that they may be a danger to the public and/or themselves.

There's also a paragraph somewhere that says that a long gun can't be carried in public in a manor intended to cause alarm - You can carry it in public, but whether causing alarm is intended is the question. People messing with a shotgun in the parking lot after drinking would probably be alarming to many people. Whether or not they INTENDED to cause alarm is the only thing in question.

Also, one of the definitions of intoxicated is "not having the normal use of mental or physical faculties" - That leaves it pretty open as long as you can articulate that someone isn't acting like their faculties are quite normal - It doesn't say how much from normal they can deviate.

In any case, like I said I've rarely heard of anyone being charged with any of that - If it's brandishing a handgun, that's usually what they're charged with. If they're handling a shotun or rifle in a manor intended to cause alarm, that's what they're charged with.

I'm almost certain the CHL training booklet used to say any detectable level, though - I remember reading it. Maybe the material was just erring toward caution

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by JSO85360 View Post
    I'd have no problem at all letting that cute little waitress hold my gun. But I'd never let her touch my rifle.

Reminds me of something they taught us in boot camp regarding the M16A1.

This is my weapon and this is my gun, one is for shooting and the other is for fun.

Besides the point, what in the world did they (including the skanky waitress) think she was doing sitting on the trunk and holding that rifle? Posing for Guns and Ammo Magazine?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information