Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Reality show contestant charged with murdering former model and mutilating her so badly she could only be identified by her breast implants

The remains of a former model whose killing set off an international manhunt for a reality television star were so badly mutilated that investigators had to use the serial numbers on her breast implants to identify her.

The man charged with Jasmine Fiore's murder, reality TV show contestant Ryan Alexander Jenkins, has been on the run since reporting her missing the evening of Aug. 15. Her nude body had been found that morning, stuffed in a bloodstained suitcase in a trash bin in Buena Park, an Orange County city about 20 miles southeast of Los Angeles, but authorities wouldn't be able to identify her for a few more days.

Detectives tracked the serial number on the implants because they could not use fingerprints or dental records, said Farrah Emami, a spokeswoman for the Orange County district attorney's office.

Authorities believe Jenkins, a contestant on VH1's "Megan Wants a Millionaire," may have fled more than 1,000 miles to reach his native Canada.

VH1 cancelled the show, in which wealthy young men tried to win over a materialistic blonde, network spokesman Brett Henne said Friday. The network previously said the show was postponed after three episodes.

Alexander also was a participant in an as-yet-unaired competitive reality series, "I Love Money 3." A VH1 spokesman said no decision has been made on whether or not to run the show.

More here:
    Officials: Ex-model's breast implants key to ID of mutilated body found without fingers, teeth - chicagotribune.com

GILLIAN FLACCUS, ROB GILLIES

Associated Press Writers

9:45 AM CDT, August 22, 2009

AP / August 18, 2009
    This image provided by the Los Angeles Police Department shows Jasmine Fiore, who has been identified as the woman whose body was found stuffed inside a suitcase and placed in a dumpster and discovered Aug. 15, 2009. Police said Ryan Alexander Jenkins, 32, a reality TV personality, is a "person of interest" in her death. (AP Photo/Los Angeles Police Department)

AP / August 18, 2009
    This undated photo released by the Buena Park Police Department shows Ryan Alexander Jenkins, of Calgary, Alberta, Canada. Jenkins was fulfilling his dream of becoming a star, with a small fortune stowed away, a marriage - albeit brief - to a former model, and two gigs in reality TV. But his image was splashed on Web sites and TV news shows around the world Wednesday, Aug. 19, 2009 for another reason: He is wanted for questioning in the death of his former wife, whose nude body was found in a suitcase in a trash bin in Orange County over the weekend. (AP Photo/Buena Park Police Department)

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    What a boob, he thought he could get away with murder no finger prints no dental ID no link to him. Sorry Buster you left the implant behind!

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    He'll probably be found driving her car, with her teeth and her fingertips in the car...
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Ok, this is going to sound crass, but does that picture of the victim make her look like she is trying to be Barbie, right down to being made out of plastic? I mean, seriously, it looks like someone posted a pic of Malibu Barbie.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Update

Police say fugitive reality TV star found dead

-AP

VANCOUVER, British Columbia Canadian police say fugitive murder suspect Ryan Jenkins has been found dead of an apparent suicide in a motel in British Columbia. Sgt. Duncan Pound of the Royal Canadian Mounted Police border integrity unit says police responded to a call about a dead person in Hope, east of Vancouver, and then called investigators who were part of the massive manhunt for Jenkins.
    The real estate developer and reality show contestant was wanted in California on first-degree murder charges after the mutilated body of his ex-wife was found near Los Angeles.
    Jenkins, 32, disappeared last week but his boat was found Wednesday at a marina not far from the U.S.-Canada border south of Vancouver.
    Pound says police don't yet know how long Jenkins was at the motel before his body was discovered.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Did his Guilty Conscience do him in?

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Case solved.

Sad
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Xiphos is online now I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A very detailed article:

Accused killer Ryan Jenkins found hanged in B.C. motel

METRO VANCOUVER — The search for a former Calgary man accused of killing his ex-wife — in a case that captured international headlines — has ended after the discovery of his body in a motel in Hope.

Ryan Alexander Jenkins, 32, was found hanging from a belt in a room at the Thunderbird Motel.

Jenkins was found dead Sunday morning when a motel manager decided to check on the room rented three days earlier.

Jenkins had been charged with the murder of his ex-wife, Los Angeles swimsuit model Jasmine Fiore, on Thursday.

The same day, a woman checked into the Thunderbird Motel, saying she needed a room for at least three days, maybe longer, and paid cash through Sunday. Outside, a man waited in a silver PT Cruiser with Alberta licence plates.

Kevin Walker, the manager at the secluded budget motel, couldn’t remember the woman’s name and said RCMP have seized the slip of information she filled out for the hotel room. He could see there was a man in the vehicle but thought nothing of the fact he didn’t come in, he said.

After entering unit two, a single room with a double bed, the mystery woman stayed for about 20 minutes, then left.

Walker said he never saw her vehicle again.

In the days following, Walker said he saw a man walk past his own balcony at the motel — a man who would later turn out to be Jenkins.

“But he didn’t look like the Ryan Jenkins I’d seen on TV,” he said. “He looked like a man at the end of his rope, not the muscle-bound macho man you saw on TV.”

The man, he said, had a sunken face and looked thinner than Jenkins looked in the photos released by the police and others that appeared on television news programs.

On Friday and Saturday there was very little activity at the room, with Walker noting that no one seemed to be coming and going.

Then on Sunday, when no one came to check out by the required time of 11 a.m., Walker went to the room.

“I thought maybe they left the key in the room and just left,” he said.

After knocking and saying ‘hello’ without a reply, he used a second motel key and opened the locked door, just a crack.

He saw an open laptop sitting on the bed and a few other things, said the still-shaken man.

“As I was pushing the door open, I smelled death,” Walker said. “And then, as I kept opening the door, there was death staring at me.”

He said he saw a man “hanging from the coat rack by a belt.”

Walker reeled back from the horrific sight, returned to the office to call the police.

“After I swung the door open and saw him hanging there — I didn’t notice anything after that.”

Even then, he wasn’t sure who the man was, going back to his own room to scan newspapers to see if the face of the dead man in the room matched those of the fugitive from Calgary.

Russ Goodine, a permanent motel resident who lives next door to the one where Jenkins killed himself, saw the mystery woman and her companion arrive last week.

“The only thing I thought odd was rather than pull up to the room, they pulled up beside the garbage dumpster,” he said.

Even though he had seen Jenkins’ picture all over the news, Goodine wasn’t suspicious of his neighbour.

“He was too tall, too skinny, too gaunt. Could have fooled me,” he said.

The discovery marked the end of another chapter in an increasingly bizarre story that drew media attention from across North America.

Even Duane Chapman, better known as Dog the Bounty Hunter for his efforts to track down fugitives on the popular television show of the same name, had said that he would join the search for Jenkins if asked by Canadian authorities.

The story began to unfold Tuesday when police in Buena Park, Calif. — a community about 30 kilometres southeast of Los Angeles — named Jenkins as a person of interest in the death of his ex-wife, Jasmine Fiore.

The badly beaten and mutilated body of the 28-year-old former model was found stuffed into a suitcase in a garbage bin in Buena Park on Aug. 15.

Her teeth and fingers had been removed to hinder identification.

The Orange County coroner had to use the serial number on her breast implants to determine it was Fiore.

RCMP Sgt. Duncan Pound said members of the forensic unit used fingerprints to confirm it was Jenkins.

Reached shortly after the news broke Sunday night, his mother, Nada Jenkins, said she still believes her son is innocent.

“I think he panicked, my little boy, and we had to protect him, even now that he’s dead,” she said, sobbing.

She said the situation has been very hard on the family, which now needs time to grieve and will be seeking some counselling.

“I was paranoid this would drag on forever,” she added.

As Jenkins hid out at the motel, an international manhunt was narrowing in on B.C.

Police agencies on both sides of the border had focused their attention on the Pacific Northwest after Jenkins’ boat was located in a marina at Point Roberts, Wash. His SUV and an empty boat trailer were found in Blaine, Wash. At the time, agencies speculated he had walked across the border into Canada.

The U.S. Marshals Service announced a $25,000 award for information leading to his arrest.

Earlier Sunday, RCMP confirmed Jenkins had gained entry into Canada, but would not say how he crossed the border after he reported Fiore missing.

The romance between Jenkins and Fiore was brief and tumultuous.

They met in Las Vegas in March, shortly after Jenkins finished filming a reality television show that had him competing with other millionaires for the affection of a model.

They married quickly, but, according to Fiore’s mother Lisa Lepore, that marriage was annulled within months.

The couple later reunited.

They checked into a San Diego hotel together on Aug. 13. Jenkins left alone the following morning.

Fiore was not seen alive again.

While the search for Jenkins has come to an end, the investigation is not yet over.

RCMP’s Pound said officers are still trying to determine the sequence of events that got him to the motel in Hope.

“There are questions about how he got to be there,” he said.

He would not comment on the woman the motel manager described as slim, about 115 pounds, five foot nine inches tall and in her early to mid-20s.

The murder charges against Jenkins have been dismissed and there are no other suspects in the case, said Farrah Emami, spokeswoman for the Orange County district attorney’s Office.

The Buena Park Police Department will continue investigating to see if anyone helped Jenkins after the murder and before he was found.
    Copyright (c) The Vancouver Sun
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

Thread Information