Welcome to the APBWeb.
    jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

Goat found in trunk. painted purple and gold with a "4" shaved into it's side

Auto repairman James Prusci has seen some unusual things left in the cars he works on, but nothing quite like what he found Friday in the trunk of a Chevy Malibu.
    A woman came into the Tires Plus in Winona just before noon, asking if the shop had time to replace a belt.
    Prusci started the paperwork.
    "Oh, by the way," the woman said. "I have a goat in my trunk."
    Prusci didn't think he heard her right.
    "A what?"
    "Yes, a goat," the woman said. "And it's alive."
    She planned to butcher the animal later but was passing through Winona on her way to St. Paul when the car broke down, Prusci remembered her saying.
    The woman, and a man and child who were waiting for her outside, left while Prusci and other workers began the repairs.
    After about 10 minutes, they could hear the goat crying.
    "We cracked open the trunk, you know, so it could breathe," Prusci said. "And sure enough, there it was. It kind of poked its head up."
    The goat had been painted purple and gold - the colors for the Minnesota Vikings. Shaved into its side was the No. 4 - the number of Brett Favre, who made his Vikings debut Friday night in a preseason game in the Twin Cities.
    The goat was lying on its side, tied at its feet. Prusci said it had some pretty big horns.
    The workers closed the trunk - they couldn't have a goat wandering around the shop. But when they checked on the animal later, it wasn't moving as much.
    They called animal control.
    About an hour later, the woman arrived to pick up the car. Prusci told the woman that he didn't approve of what she'd done to the goat. She paid and left.
    But as the woman walked toward her car, an animal control vehicle and two police cars pulled up, Prusci said.
    He's not sure what happened next.
    Winona Police Sgt. Chris Nelson confirmed Prusci's story Saturday morning, saying the goat was in the care of a local veterinarian.
    Animal control officer Wendy Peterson, who investigated the incident, could not be reached for comment. It is unclear if the woman or man were cited.
    As for Prusci, he's just thankful to hear the goat is OK.
    "It was definitely the most out-of-the norm thing I've ever seen."
    Repair shop finds goat in car trunk

A week after Brett Favre the quarterback found a new home in Minnesota, Wisconsin found its replacement: Brett the Goat.
    Duane and Carlene Schultz of Eleva, Wis., adopted the goat, which was seized by Winona animal control Friday after it was found in the trunk of a car, painted Minnesota Vikings colors purple and gold with the No. 4 shaved on its side.
    Winona prosecutors are considering charges against the goat's former owners.
    "It may seem like a humorous incident, but it's being taken seriously," Assistant City Attorney Brian Glodosky said. "It is sad someone would treat an animal this way."
    Auto repairman James Prusci called animal control after a woman came into Tires Plus to replace a belt and told him a goat was in the trunk. The woman - who said she planned to butcher the animal later - had tied the goat by its feet.
    The goat's owners relinquished the animal to Winona's animal control, officer Wendy Peterson said.
    Police referred the matter to the city attorney's office to review for possible charges, Deputy Police Chief Tom Williams said.
    Janelle Riopel, 21, of St. Paul, and Sonny Yang, 24, of La Crosse, Wis., could be cited for mistreatment of animals, Glodosky said.
    A message left for Riopel was not returned Monday. Attempts to reach Yang were unsuccessful.
    Brett the Goat is healthy and mostly cleaned off, Carlene Schultz said. The No. 4 is still shaved on his side and he has a purple tint when in the sun, she said.
    The Schultzes are keeping Brett at their farm, where they keep goats, llamas, chickens and a donkey.
    "He is wonderful," Carlene Schultz said.
    The Schultzes plan to still call the goat Brett, she said.
    This isn't their first farm-related homage to the former Packers quarterback. They modeled a corn maze after him in 2008.

Wisconsin couple adopts Brett the goat after being found in trunk
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    This is really a bad week for goats!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Next time use a sheep
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Next time use a sheep
    This is why sheep want to be separated from goats!

Terminator is offline BANNED
    Painting Brett Favre's number on the animal...sounds like poor judgment all around by this lady.

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    Fitting eye-for-an-eye punishment for the lady.....paint her purple and shave a 4 on her head.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

IndianaFuzz is offline Policeman Perry fan club
    Verified LEO
    Actually, that was pretty smart of them to make the goat a Favre goat. That way if the goat ever decides it wants to leave them, they know the goat will eventually decide it wants to come back one more time......
    CHIRP! CHIRP!

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Any volunteers to help shave a "4" on her head, paint her purple & gold, and lock her in a trunk?

I think we should use the long-lasting epoxy paint

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

KaiGywer is offline *insert witty remark here*
    Verified LEO
    I must admit I kinda laughed about the whole painting a purple goat...on the other hand...it IS cruelty to animals to compare them to Brett Favre
    Alpha Phi Sigma Alum - Alpha Delta Chapter
    ΑΦΣ

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I wonder if Obama will send $4500 to the Vickings for taking Favre under the "Cash for Clunkers" deal?
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by keith720 View Post
    I wonder if Obama will send $4500 to the Vickings for taking Favre under the "Cash for Clunkers" deal?

He could also send a stimulis check to the Eagles under the "Cash for Convicts" program for Michael Vick.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator

UPDATE

One of two people who made national news for transporting a spray-painted goat that had Brett Favre's number shaved into its sides admitted Monday she tied the animal up and locked it in the trunk of her car.
    Janelle Dorothy Riopel, 21, of St. Paul pleaded guilty to misdemeanor cruelty to animals in transportation. She was placed on unsupervised probation for a year and ordered by Judge Mary Leahy to pay a $200 fine.
    Prosecutors dropped a mistreatment of animals charge as part of the plea deal.
    Winona animal control seized the goat Aug. 21 after employees at Winona's Tires Plus discovered it bound by its feet in the truck of Riopel's car. Riopel and her co-defendant, Sonny Yang, 24, of La Crosse, Wis., had stopped in Winona when their car broke down while they were driving from La Crosse to St. Paul.
    Riopel admitted Monday she and Yang locked the goat in the trunk of the car.
    The goat was painted Minnesota Vikings purple and gold with the No. 4 shaved on its side. Favre, who wears No. 4 for the Vikings, was making his debut for the team later that night in a preseason game in the Twin Cities.
    "I'm a really annoyed (Green Bay) Packers fan, but even I would say this was over the line," Leahy said.
    Riopel has said she and Yang planned to butcher the goat, but that it had nothing to do with Favre. The goat was already painted and shaved when they bought it, she said.
    Riopel could have been sentenced to up to 90 days in jail and given up to a $1,000 fine, but assistant city attorney Brian Glodosky noted Riopel had already faced "unintended consequences" from the incident. She and Yang made national news because of the charges. Newspapers and TV stations from across the country ran stories about the pair and the goat.
    The goat was eventually adopted by a couple in Eleva, Wis., and renamed "Brett."
    Yang missed a Sept. 14 court date. He is scheduled to be arraigned Oct. 26 before Judge Jeff Thompson.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    One of two people who made national news for transporting a spray-painted goat that had Brett Favre's number shaved into its sides was issued a warrant Monday after he failed to show up in court for a second time.
    Sonny Yang, 24, is charged with misdemeanor cruelty to animals in transportation and mistreatment of animals. He also missed a Sept. 14 court date.
    Yang's co-defendant, Janelle Dorthy Riopel, 22, of St. Paul pleaded guilty Oct. 12 to cruelty to animals in transportation and was placed on unsupervised probation for a year.
    Winona animal control seized the goat Aug. 21 after employees at Winona's Tires Plus discovered it bound by its feet in the truck of Riopel's car. Riopel and Yang had stopped in Winona when their car broke down while they were driving from La Crosse, Wis., to St. Paul.
    The goat was painted Minnesota Vikings purple and gold with the No. 4 shaved on its side. Favre, who wears No. 4 for the Vikings, was making his debut for the team later that night in a preseason game in Minneapolis. Riopel has said she and Yang planned to butcher the goat, but that it had nothing to do with Favre. The goat was already painted and shaved when they bought it, she said.
    The goat was eventually adopted by a couple in Eleva, Wis., and named Brett.

Warrant issued for Favre Goat defendant; man skips court hearing a second time

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by jmur5074 View Post
    The goat was eventually adopted by a couple in Eleva, Wis., and named Brett.

Thread Information