Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1

Atlantic City mayor halts use of police dogs

AP

ATLANTIC CITY -- The mayor of Atlantic City ordered changes in police department procedures.

They include indefinitely suspending the use of police dogs and prohibiting officers from taking their patrol cars home.

Mayor Lorenzo Langford says the changes are meant to save money through limiting use of city vehicles and to address residents' complaints about the use of police dogs.

Langford spokesman Kevin Hall said Monday that the mayor believes people have lost confidence in the police department.

But Police Chief John Mooney said the directives are a political attack on him and his department.

Langford has been pushing for appointment of a public safety director with authority over both the police and fire chiefs.

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post

Mayor Lorenzo Langford says the changes are meant to save money through limiting use of city vehicles and to address residents' complaints about the use of police dogs.

Langford spokesman Kevin Hall said Monday that the mayor believes people have lost confidence in the police department.
    Seriously? Resident complaints about the use of police dogs? Lost confidence in the police dept?

Well...let's see...the residents would likely only complain if the dogs were being used on them or keeping them from commiting crime. Funny how that works.

And lack of confidence is most likely coming from the MAYOR and trickling down. Mr Langford...you are the mayor....the lack of confidence starts with you sir and your restrictions. Election year coming up? Looking for votes among your population? Trying to get re-elected so you can make money and further decimate the police in your city? Great. Thanks.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My guess is some kind of political reasons behind this
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Langford has been pushing for appointment of a public safety director with authority over both the police and fire chiefs.
    ... and you can bet he already has someone very capable (and affluent) in mind for the job, too.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Everybody wants to be the police. This knucklehead doesnt know squat about law enforcement, from what I can find. However, he thinks he knows enough to shut down a very important division in my opinion.
    You can't do this and you can't do this....and.....you can't do this. Now make it work. Jerk.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Probably will be pulling firearms from patrol officers next week.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Morris is offline Chief Wheaties Pisser
    Verified LEO
    (cough) blue flu (cough, cough)

deputysykes is offline Corporal
    Verified LEO
    I previously would have said 'good luck getting reelected.' In today's times, if he doesn't have any cases of corruption, it might be a landslide win.
    I'm not ruining your life, you are, and I'm just going to write a short story about it.

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Morris View Post
    (cough) blue flu (cough, cough)

That H1N1 must've spread like wildfire through the department BBQ last week....
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

2 Blue 4 U is offline Retired NYPD
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    AP

ATLANTIC CITY -- The mayor of Atlantic City ordered changes in police department procedures.

They include indefinitely suspending the use of police dogs to address residents' complaints about the use of police dogs.

I have not been down to AC in a while so I am not sure if the surrounding area has gotten any better but the last I saw was there were plenty of skells roaming the streets, are these the residents who complaint about the use of police dogs, are they upset they are screwing up their criminal activity like drug sales, gun sales and so forth.

Here is a picture from todays news, this time it may only be a BB Gun but who knows the next gun he finds may be a 9.

should send that photo to that mayor who is so full of wisdom.

http://www.officerresource.com/forums/signaturepics/sigpic5657_1.gif
    Liberty & Justice For All!

Thread Information