Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Terminator is offline BANNED

If you see a bicyclist riding your son's stolen bike, don't run him over. Because you'll be pretty embarrassed if you're wrong about the bike

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. -- A minivan driver struck a cyclist who he mistakenly thought had stolen his son's bike, police said Tuesday.

Police said Timothy Hombs was driving his Dodge Caravan near the intersection of Palmer Park Boulevard and Wooten Road at about 2 p.m. Monday, when he spotted a bicycle that he thought belonged to his son.

"He believed the bike had been stolen and he intentionally struck the victim who was riding the bike," a police report stated.
    The cyclist, who was not identified, suffered minor leg injuries when he was hit but didn't require hospitalization.

Investigators said after Hombs got out of the minivan and approached the cyclist, he was punched by the cyclist who feared he would be hit again.

Hombs suffered minor injuries to his face as a result of being hit. He was arrested on suspicion of second-degree assault.

A woman who answered Hombs' phone on Tuesday said he didn't want to speak to a reporter.

Police said the bicycle didn't belong to Hombs' son.

jmur5074 is offline Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Jackass.
    No one has greater love than this, to lay down ones life for ones friends - John 15:13

"The Wicked Flee When No Man Pursueth: But The Righteous Are Bold As A Lion".

We lucky few, we band of brothers. For he who today sheds his blood with me shall be my brother.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~
    The opinions, beliefs, and ideas expressed in this post are mine, and mine alone. They are NOT the opinions, beliefs, ideas, or policies of my Agency, Police Chief, City Council, or any member of my department.

ChesCopPodz is offline Wandering son
    Verified LEO
    That would be the auto vs bike accident that tied up that intersection for a few hours the other day. I'm on paternity leave so I didn't get the details.

What a moron
    The world would be much cleaner if blind people carried brooms instead of sticks.

At communion, when the priest says "Body of Christ", I say "Thanks, I've been working out", then I grab the cracker and run back to my seat

An amateur practices until he gets it right. A professional practices until he cant get it wrong.

They've got us surrounded? Good. Now we can fire in any direction. Those bastards won't get away this time.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    FAIL!!!
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Thread Information