Welcome to the APBWeb.
    213th is offline Solipsist

Thumbs up Green Jobs Czar Resigns

WASHINGTON - President Barack Obama's adviser Van Jones has resigned amid controversy over past inflammatory statements, the White House said early Sunday.
    Jones, an administration official specializing in environmentally friendly "green jobs" with the White House Council on Environmental Quality was linked to efforts suggesting a government role in the 2001 terror attacks and to derogatory comments about Republicans.
    The resignation comes as Obama is working to regain his footing in the contentious health care debate.
    Jones issued an apology on Thursday for his past statements. When asked the next day whether Obama still had confidence in him, White House press secretary Robert Gibbs said only that Jones "continues to work in the administration."
    The matter surfaced after news reports of a derogatory comment Jones made in the past about Republicans, and separately, of Jones' name appearing on a petition connected to the events surrounding the Sept. 11, 2001, terror attacks. That 2004 petition had asked for congressional hearings and other investigations into whether high-level government officials had allowed the attacks to occur.
    "On the eve of historic fights for health care and clean energy, opponents of reform have mounted a vicious smear campaign against me," Jones said in his resignation statement. "They are using lies and distortions to distract and divide."
    Jones said he has been "inundated with calls from across the political spectrum urging me to stay and fight."
    But he said he cannot in good conscience ask his colleagues to spend time and energy defending or explaining his past.
    Jones flatly said in an earlier statement that he did not agree with the petition's stand on the 9/11 attacks and that "it certainly does not reflect my views, now or ever."
    As for his other comments he made before joining Obama's team, Jones said, "If I have offended anyone with statements I made in the past, I apologize."
    Despite his apologies, Republicans demanded Jones quit.
    Rep. Mike Pence of Indiana said in a statement, "His extremist views and coarse rhetoric have no place in this administration or the public debate." Missouri Sen. Christopher Bonds said Congress should investigate Jones's fitness the job.
    FOX News' Glenn Beck repeatedly denounced Jones after a group the adviser co-founded, ColorofChange.org, led an advertising boycott against Beck's show to protest his claim that Obama is a racist.
    James Rucker, the organization's executive director, has said Jones had nothing to do with ColorofChange.org now and didn't even know about the campaign before it started.
    Jones, well-known in the environmental movement, was a civil-rights activist in California before shifting his attention to environmental and energy issues. He is known for laying out a broad vision of a green economy.
    Nancy Sutley chair of the council, said in a statement released early Sunday that she accepts Jones resignation and thanked him for his service.
    "Over the last six months, he had been a strong voice for creating jobs that improve energy efficiency and utilize renewable resources," she said. "We appreciate his hard work and wish him the best moving forward."
    He who has the money, signs the cheques.
    He who signs the cheques, makes the rules.
    He who makes the rules, has the power.
    He who has the power, has the money.

countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'll be impressed when the thirty-something other "Czars" resign too.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

Dirk is offline Banned
    We can thank Glenn Beck for this. If not for his courage to stand up to Van Jones and the Obama administration, and report this, this racist, anti-everything prick would have still been a czar, with no limit to power and pushing his radical agenda. Kudos to Glenn Beck! If you've never seen his show, start watching now! Monday - Friday, on Fox News Channel, 5pm (est).

Now it's time to keep up the heat on the other radical appointees. One thing you can say, either Obama agrees with Van Jones' radical views, or the white house has one hell of a poor vetting process.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dirk View Post

One thing you can say, either Obama agrees with Van Jones' radical views, or the white house has one hell of a poor vetting process.
    I would say both. Hard for Obama to realize an appointee's past might be a problem when the Messiah has the same past and opinions .
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    One thing you can say, either Obama agrees with Van Jones' radical views, or the white house has one hell of a poor vetting process.
    I think it is the first of the two. This guy will still have the ear of Obama. I would say that they guy is just as dangerous since he is no longer a czar because the mainstream media would back off him. However, the MSM did not even cover this. Beck and other to a lesser extent at Fox and Talk Radio were the only ones on this. Out and out Communists like this having even the slightest influence on the head of the Executive branch of the federal government scares the shit out me.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    I'll be impressed when the thirty-something other "Czars" resign too.
    Agreed. One administration radical down, many more to go.

We can thank Glenn Beck for this. If not for his courage to stand up to Van Jones and the Obama administration, and report this, this racist, anti-everything prick would have still been a czar, with no limit to power and pushing his radical agenda. Kudos to Glenn Beck! If you've never seen his show, start watching now! Monday - Friday, on Fox News Channel, 5pm (est).

Now it's time to keep up the heat on the other radical appointees. One thing you can say, either Obama agrees with Van Jones' radical views, or the white house has one hell of a poor vetting process.
    Thank You Glenn Beck for turning up the heat and keeping it there. Keep up the good work.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

MacLean is offline O/R Gun mod
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Beck hit this hard, but...

Mind the show, not the diversion.
    I'm your huckleberry...

Quemadmoeum gladis nemeinum occidit, occidentus telum est!

You can be the weapon, and the gun in your hand is a tool - or the gun is a weapon and you are the tool.

I was looking for a saint who was a devil of a lover,
    but every girl I found was either one way or the other...

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    You have to admit, he was ALMOST right about the history of school shootings and the profile of the shooters - He should have added Asian males to the profile though.

I would feel better about it if he also commented on the racial breakdown of other violent crimes in the USA - if one very rare violent crime deserves a mention, then all of the violent crimes that occur hundreds of times per day certainly do.

By allowing him to resign gracefully, Obama gave the impression that he didn't necessarily disagree with him. If Obama disagreed with him, then he should have fired him outright, or at least explained whether the reason for the resignation was his outrage to the speech, or just a way of cutting political losses.

Because of the lack of a definite reason for the resignation from Obama himself, I would tend to subscribe to the theory that Van Jones was asked to resign to cut political losses. I might change my mind if Obama comes out and says why the idiot resigned.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IAQDIQmSqF8[/ame]

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Thread Information