Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Dirk is offline Banned

An administrator at the Atlantic High School in western Iowa has been placed on leave, pending an investigation into the alleged strip-search of five female students.

Atlantic School District Interim Superintendent Dan Crozier says the Board of Education will discuss the matter at a meeting today. He wouldn't release the administrator's name.

Family members say Atlantic School officials forced the girls to remove their clothes during an investigation into a theft on August 21st. Lawyers say the girls were forced to strip down to their underwear, and one girl took off all her clothes.

The families and their lawyers claim the incident amounts to a strip-search, which is illegal in Iowa schools. Crozier says the search was "allowable" under board rules.

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    I'm going to wait for pgg to read this and post, I 'm not going to steal his thunder.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain America View Post
    I'm going to wait for pgg to read this and post, I 'm not going steal his thunder.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

LinkBacks (?)

Thread Information