Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Talking Burglar arrested after leaving his Facebook page on victimís computer

The popular online social networking site Facebook helped lead to an alleged burglar's arrest after he stopped check his account on the victim's computer, but forgot to log out before leaving the home with two diamond rings.
    More here: Burglar leaves his Facebook page on victim?s computer - journal-news.net | News, sports, jobs, community information for Martinsburg - The Journal

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    The hi-tech version of the one I heard on Paul Harvey years ago:

A burgler used his bowling ball to break out a jewelry store window, snatched some jewelry, then ran off and left the bowling ball in the display case - A PERSONALIZED bowling ball that everyone at the bowling alley around the corner could identify (he bought it there a few days before that, and used a credit card)

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    The hi-tech version of the one I heard on Paul Harvey years ago:

A burgler used his bowling ball to break out a jewelry store window, snatched some jewelry, then ran off and left the bowling ball in the display case - A PERSONALIZED bowling ball that everyone at the bowling alley around the corner could identify (he bought it there a few days before that, and used a credit card)

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I want to know if the responding officer logged onto officer resource after taking the reports
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

ďA fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity.Ē Sigmund Freud

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I want to know if the responding officer logged onto officer resource after taking the reports

Maybe one of these days a burglar is going to post in O/R's "holding cell" during a burglary, and forget to log off afterward!

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    We had one burglary attempt where the suspect broke a window in a jewelry store. When the alarm went off he fled the scene dropping his Oakland Raiders ballcap at the scene. In the head band of the cap was his Texas State Penitenary photo ID card which he received for a stint there on the charge of .....you guessed it , burglary. This same suspect around Christmas time one year broke the front window of a grocery store out with a Christmas tree that the store had stacked in front of the store for sell one night after hours. My Sergeant and I roll on the call and catch him on the far side of the parking lot. While he is loudly proclaiming he is innocent, my Sergeant slaps the cuffs on him. The dumbass was covered with pine needles from handling the tree.
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

Thread Information