Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: YIKES!!!!!

Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

YIKES!!!!!

SOURCE: 7-Foot-3 Rattlesnake Caught, Killed - Jacksonville News Story - WJXT Jacksonville

7-Foot-3 Rattlesnake Caught, Killed

Giant Rattlesnake Slithers Its Way Into St. Augustine Townhouse Community

POSTED: Wednesday, September 30, 2009
    UPDATED: 6:35 pm EDT September 30, 2009

ST. AUGUSTINE, Fla. -- The trappers who caught and killed a giant rattlesnake in St. Johns County said the snake was 7 feet 3 inches long.
    Experts said it's one of the biggest rattlesnakes they've ever seen.
    The rattlesnake slithered its way into Tuscany Village, a St. Augustine townhouse community, over the weekend.

Photo by Jason Huntley
    The trapper who caught and killed this rattlesnake measured it at 7 feet 3 inches.

Someone spotted the Eastern Diamondback Rattlesnake, now being called Rattzilla, near homes off State Road 16 and Interstate 95 and called police.
    Police then called Brandon Booth, a professional trapper. Booth said that when he pulled up, he realized how big and dangerous the rattler was.

"When I got there, I looked at it and said, 'That's bigger than 6 feet,'" Booth said. "I didn't have time to really think. I just jumped out of the truck with my gig and got him. He wasn't going to get away."
    Booth said he had no choice but to kill the venomous snake because there were lots of people around and a venomous snake that big could easily kill someone.
    He said he usually won't kill a snake unless it's venomous.
    "I wasn't going to let him get away, so I just went ahead and did what I had to do," Booth said. "There's a lot of kids in that neighborhood and even adults, so I figured it was the best thing to do. I'm not a snake wrestler."
    Right now, the snake is sitting in Booth's freezer until he decides what to do with it. The snake was frozen after it was killed and shrunk considerably in size because the muscles were no longer relaxed.

Heather Hart, who lives in the community, was stunned when she saw pictures of the snake. She has two small dogs and said they could have easily been eaten by the rattler.
    "Are you serious?" she said. "That is crazy."
    Booth said it is hard to tell in Florida when the next big rattler might show up.
    "They're out there, but it's unusual to actually get the call to get one this big," Booth said.
    Experts said Eastern Diamondbacks are only between 3 and 6 feet long on average.
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I wouldn't even get near it, just start shooting. Lew is braver then me when it comes to snakes
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

matt86 is offline Piggy
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I wouldn't even get near it, just start shooting. Lew is braver then me when it comes to snakes
    I'm with ya here... I think we're the smart ones

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    So, how do you cook it?

mack is offline Officer Resource Offical Auctioneer
    Premium Lifetime Member
    That is one big snake!!! The biggest rattler I saw in the Keys was only about a foot long.

My dad, I miss him every day.

Originally Posted by Wolven
    Life is too short to wear unsexy underwear.

I am a female!!!!! LMAO

Be who you are and say what you feel.....
    Because those that matter...don't mind...
    And those that mind...don't matter

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Can't wait to see what Lewisipso thinks of this thread (especially the pictures)!

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Wow..that is a big one.

I dont mind snakes but that one would have made me want to stay away...too damn big and too damn fast (not to mention poisonous!)
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Resident Smart Ass is offline I ASK THE QUESTIONS AROUND HERE
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolven View Post
    Wow..that is a big one.

I dont mind snakes but that one would have made me want to stay away...too damn big and too damn fast (6 second man)
    For a moment there, I thought you were talking about your goober..oh wait..you WERE!
    Don't you just hate it when someone's balls are hidden so well, they can't seem to find it themselves ~ RSA

You can't avoid gossip & rude words from
    people. You can't please everybody. But remember, they wouldn't bother if you meant nothing.

FOLLOW RSA ON TWITTER (IF YOU'RE GOING TO FOLLOW ME, PLEASE SEND ME A MESSAGE ON HERE WITH YOUR O/R USERNAME AND TWEET USERNAME SO I'LL KNOW WHO I'M ACCEPTING OTHERWISE YOU WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED!)
    https://twitter.com/RESIDENTSMARTAS

A PINT OF SWEAT SAVES A GALLON OF BLOOD ~ PATTON

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    AHHHHH!!!

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Resident Smart Ass View Post
    For a moment there, I thought you were talking about your goober..oh wait..you WERE!
    You are such a goober

Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    As my middle boy used to say when he was little....."Bunsabitch".

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    I grew up (Arizona) with Diamondback rattlers, but I have never ever seen anything that big...............and by the way I hate (scared) friggin snakes.............
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Thread Information