Welcome to the APBWeb.
    TheeBadOne is offline Why so serious?
    Verified LEO

Questions Raised Over McKinney's Use Of Taxpayer Dollars

Questions Raised Over McKinney's Use Of Taxpayer Dollars

WASHINGTON -- Congresswoman Cynthia McKinney has apparently paid back $900 to the taxpayers.

The tax money was spent last year to pay entertainer Isaac Hayes’ Airfare and lodging for a March 25 trip to Atlanta for a McKinney fundraiser at the Stone Mountain home of State Senator Gloria Butler. That’s a violation of House rules. McKinney’s camp call it an administrative mistake.

"It's actually breaking the law," says Melanie Sloan of The Citizens for Responsibility and Ethics in Washington.

"It's breaking house rules which prevent a member from using travel funds for anything but their own travel. And it breaks federal Election Commission law, which requires that only campaign funds be used for campaign expenses," added Sloan.

A McKinney spokesperson told us tonight that the United States Treasury has been reimbursed the full $900.

Meanwhile, House Republicans are sponsoring a resolution to honor Capitol Police, in reaction to McKinney’s confrontation with a security officer. They say it’s a show of support for the officers.

Last week McKinney allegedly hit an officer, who didn’t recognize her and physically stopped her at a security checkpoint.

link

"When I'm driving along and I see a sign that says, CAUTION: SMALL CHILDREN AHEAD,
    I slow down, and then it occurs to me, I'm not afraid of small children"!

Cheech Guest
    we better stop questioning her on this we might be racist

Iron Man is offline Don't Tase me bro!
    Quote Originally Posted by TheeBadOne
    in reaction to McKinney’s confrontation with a security officer.
    Damn I hate this. We are Federal LEOs, not "security".
    This message was brought to you by Tampons. We
    aren't the best thing in the world but we are right up
    there next to it.

To them its always 'scary and aggressive' driving. To us its at times a matter of life and death." -LawnMM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DmYie3bB3OU

Thread Information