Welcome to the APBWeb.
    countybear is offline BDRT - Baby Daddy Removal Team
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Roman Polanski - Depressed.

Poor Roman, depressed and tired as he faces time for admittedly diddling a little 13 year old girl.

Sorry, can't help myself: fukketh himmeth. Anyone else think he should be Manson's cellmate?

Director Polanski feels depressed in jail: lawyer

Sun Oct 11, 9:22 am ET

ZURICH (Reuters) – Director Roman Polanski is feeling depressed two weeks after his arrest in Switzerland to face U.S. extradition for a 1977 case involving the rape of a 13-year-old girl, his lawyer was quoted as saying on Sunday.

"I found him to be tired and depressed," Herve Temime told the Sonntag newspaper, one of two newspapers he talked to after visiting the Oscar-winning director in a Zurich prison.
    "Roman Polanski, who is 76, seemed very dejected when I visited him," Temime told another newspaper, NZZ am Sonntag.

"Polanski was in an unsettled state of mind."

Polanski pleaded guilty in Los Angeles to having sex with a 13-year-old girl in 1977 and spent 42 days in prison undergoing psychiatric tests.

However, he fled before the case was concluded because he believed a judge would sentence him to up to 50 years behind bars despite a plea agreement for time already served.

Swiss authorities rejected an appeal on Tuesday to release Polanski and also urged a Swiss court dealing with his extradition warrant to reject another appeal by Polanski's lawyers to have him freed, and to refuse bail.

Swiss officials have said they believe there is a very high risk of Polanski fleeing if he is released on bail.

Temime told the Sonntag newspaper the Swiss Federal Penal Court should decide "very soon" on his bid for release on bail.

"He would fulfill all the conditions and stay in Switzerland until the extradition proceeding are decided," he said.

The director, who holds dual French and Polish citizenship, was arrested at the request of the United States when he flew into Switzerland on September 26 to receive a life-time achievement prize at a film festival.

"The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money."
    - Alexis de Tocqueville, Democracy in America

Tell me not, Sweet, I am unkind,
    That from the nunnery
    Of thy chaste breast and quiet mind
    To war and arms I fly.
    - Lovelace

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in representation of his employer, its agencies or assigns. In fact, they probably fail to be in alignment with the opinions of any rational human being.

keith720 is offline Finely Aged
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    What a shame. I hope he rots.
    For the morning will come. Brightly will it shine on the brave and true, kindly upon all who suffer for the cause, glorious upon the tombs of heroes. Thus will shine the dawn.

Winston Churchill

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Not only am I disgusted at what he did and the fact that he has suffered no consequences for his actions, I'm also disgusted by those who support him.

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'm almost more disgusted by his supporters. Without regard to his motivation, their support is to dismiss or even condone child rape because prosecuting it interferes with the availability of an entertainment outlet.

I even had one guy, who fancies himself a film scholar, defend Polanski by bringing up a speech a character made in one of the movies. "This shows he understands what he did was wrong and he regrets it. But to prosecute now..." "...and the victim, if she was one, doesn't want to..."

Amazes me people will lop off and throw away chunks of their soul just to see a couple more movies they might like.

sgtbear111 is offline retired
    Verified LEO
    Tuffshitski Tovarisch.
    Some people come into our lives and quickly go. Some stay for awhile and leave footprints on our hearts. And we are never, ever the same.-- Anonymous

Old People, like me, may not be around to witness the destruction of our Nation. The rest of you may not survive the collapse. We all have the sworn duty to prevent it.

The light of hope burns brighter than the fires of doom.

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Plain and simple again..........POS!!!!!!!!
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

mavriktu is offline Patrol Sgt.
    Verified LEO
    I even had one guy, who fancies himself a film scholar, defend Polanski by bringing up a speech a character made in one of the movies. "This shows he understands what he did was wrong and he regrets it. But to prosecute now..." "...and the victim, if she was one, doesn't want to..."

This is the part that flabbergasts me,he is NOT being prosecuted now,he already WAS ,and he was SENTENCED,it is not a prosecution but an execution of sentence,and yeah it bothers me CB,hell I lost 5 seconds of sleep last night.
    ]

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    the part that pisses me off the most is the hollywood douchebags who support this pedophile/child rapist. they act like what he did shouldnt even be illegal, and since it happened so long ago we should just get over it, like were the ones with the problem. what fucking cloud do you people live on? the rest of us are just down here struggling through the real world.

so, to you hollywood types with 13 year old daughters...look up your local sex offender registry on line, find your nearest child sexual offender, send your daughter to his house in a bathing suit bearing a bottle of vodka and some prescription pills, and see how you and her feel the next morning.

oh, wait, that doesnt sound like a good idea? guess its different when it hits home huh...

those assholes make me sick.
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Fuck him. I hope he gets here soon so bubba can start making him feels better. I know how the prisoners feel about baby rapers here

Captain America is offline Reed and Malloy were my FTOs
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    Poor (raper).
    SI VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM

"It's a great life. You risk your skin catching killers and the juries turn them loose so they can come back and shoot at you again. If your honest , your poor your whole life. And , In the end , you wind up dying all alone on some dirty street. For what? For nothing. For a tin star."
    -Ex-Sheriff Martin Howe to Will Kane in "High Noon"

Far from being a handicap to command, compassion is the measure of it. For unless one values the lives of his soldiers and is tormented by their ordeals , he is unfit to command.
    -General Omar Bradley, United States Army

Renniger-Richards-Griswold-Owens

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by countybear View Post
    Poor Roman, depressed and tired as he faces time for admittedly diddling a little 13 year old girl.

Sorry, can't help myself: fukketh himmeth. Anyone else think he should be Manson's cellmate?
    I see America's most famous POS pedophile has surfaced again.

Sounds good to me. Then they can both fantasize together without being able to carry that sick stuff out on the general public.

Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Fuck him. I hope he gets here soon so bubba can start making him feels better. I know how the prisoners feel about baby rapers here
    I'd be willing to bet that there are more than a few "bubba's" that can accommodate him. Since the crime was committed in CA does that mean that he will be prosecuted here? If it were possible, maybe Texas would prosecute him since they have the best record for the death penalty.

On September 26, 2009, Polanski was arrested by Swiss police at Zürich Airport while trying to enter Switzerland, in relation to his outstanding 1978 US arrest warrant. Polanski had hoped to attend the Zurich Film Festival to receive a Lifetime Achievement Award.[77][78] The arrest followed a request by the United States that Switzerland apprehend Polanski. U.S. investigators had learned of his planned trip several days earlier, which had given them enough time to negotiate with Swiss authorities and lay the groundwork for an arrest. The United States had been seeking his arrest and extradition worldwide since 2005. While there had been a US arrest warrant for him since 1978 and he had been on the Interpol "red notice" wanted list for several years,[79] an international arrest warrant was issued in 2005. The United States must make a formal extradition request within 40 days to have Polanski extradited and stand trial.[80]

The Federal Department of Justice and Police said Polanski was put "in provisional detention." An arrest warrant or extradition to the United States could be subject to judicial review by the Federal Criminal Court and then the Federal Supreme Court, according to a ministry spokesman.[81] Polanski announced that he intends to appeal extradition and hired lawyer Lorenz Erni to represent him.[82][83] On October 6 his initial request for bail was refused by the Federal Department of Justice and Police; a spokesperson commented, "we continue to be of the opinion that there is a high risk of flight".[84]

In reaction to the arrest, the foreign ministers of both France and Poland urged Switzerland to release Polanski, who holds dual citizenship of both countries.[85] On 29 September, Poland's Prime Minister Donald Tusk responded to early reactions by urging his Cabinet ministers to exercise calm and reminding them that it is a "case of rape and of punishment for having sex with a child."[86] On 30 September, the French government dropped its public support for Polanski, on the grounds that he was not "above the law." Government spokesman Luc Chatel said: "We have a judicial procedure under way, for a serious affair, the rape of a minor, on which the American and Swiss legal systems are doing their job," adding: "One can understand the emotion that this belated arrest, more than 30 years after the incident, and the method of the arrest, have caused."[87]
    There is no statute of limitations governing the case because Polanski had already been charged and pleaded guilty in 1978 to having had unlawful sex with a minor.[75] A complicating issue for resolution of the case is that failure to appear is in itself a crime. As University of Southern California law professor Jean Rosenbluth noted: "The complication is that it is a separate offense to flee the jurisdiction."[76]
    Roman Polanski - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I hope the Swiss will extradite this POS so we can get this trial underway. It's been a long time coming.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information