Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Paydirt

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Paydirt

Again, click the link and notice some of the comments on the first page and the names of the posters.

Mobile police stumble onto massive indoor marijuana farm; 521 plants seized (with video) | Breaking News from the Press-Register - al.com

Mobile police stumble onto massive indoor marijuana farm; 521 plants seized (with video)

By Jillian Kramer

October 14, 2009, 9:01AM

(Photo courtesy Mobile County Street Enforcement Narcotics Team)Members of the Mobile County Street Enforcement Narcotics Team found more than 500 mature marijuana plants inside three homes in northwest Mobile County on Friday. The homes, at 6562 Jib Road W., 5400 Chutney Drive, and 5540 Kushla McLeod Road, were equipped with sophisticated irrigation and lighting systems used to grow the plants, which investigators believe were not sold locally. Five people, including one woman, have been arrested in the case. MOBILE, Ala. -- The pungent, thick aroma of marijuana stopped the officers before they reached the Jib Road home, where a billy goat, mutt and a closed-circuit surveillance system guarded the front door. The stench choked them, and they realized there were many more cannabis plants than the few they had come to collect.

They had stumbled onto a massive indoor marijuana farm, and uncovered a drug operation that extends far past Mobile's borders, to Miami and perhaps beyond, according to authorities.

In all, members of the Mobile County Street Enforcement Narcotics Team raided three homes -- 6562 Jib Road W., 5400 Chutney Drive, and 5540 Kushla McLeod Road -- on Friday night. They seized 521 mature marijuana plants and arrested six people: Juan Ramon Sabina, 48; Omar David Huezo, 21; Jose Noriega, 44; Alcides Sabina, 51; Carlo Juan Aloma, 46; and Madelyn Aloma, 36.

All are charged with trafficking marijuana but Alcides Sabina, who eluded authorities until later Friday night, when he ran his white Chevrolet Aveo off Kushla McLeod and nose-dived into a ditch, Lt. Matthew Garrett said Tuesday. Sabina is charged with DUI and carrying a pistol without a permit.

(Photo courtesy Mobile County Street Enforcement Narcotics Team) Plants seized at the Jib Avenue home. Using electricity siphoned directly from a nearby neighbor's meter, the men and woman created a lighting system so sophisticated that each barn room was illuminated by up to 50 industrial-size light bulbs fabricating the brilliance of the sun.All are dependent on the plants and each other, Sgt. John Molyneux said, working in shifts to nurture the plants at each home. "Marijuana distribution is their livelihood," Molyneux said.

Juan Sabina owns the Jib Road home Huezo lived in, and bought it from a couple early last year, according to authorities. Noriega owns the home on Chutney Drive, as well as a slew of properties in Miami, Molyneux said. And it's there, in Miami, that investigators believe the plants are shipped by trailer, boat or even horse.

Nothing's for sure, investigators caution, as they wait for bank account and other information to be returned. The plants could be shuffled across additional states' borders, or internationally. And the group could be connected to a larger drug cartel. But "we don't think they're distributing locally," Molyneux said.

In Mobile, he said, the men and woman only protect and package the plants.

They're old plants, investigators said, grown for years, not months, like common cannabis that blossoms for 8 months, then is cut from the stalk and sold.

These plants tower 5 feet tall and 4 feet wide, fighting for space in the homes' 12-by-15 feet bedrooms, their branches and leaves tangling together, leaving little space to walk.

Their buds, each the size of a pine cone, were pruned for longevity and potency, authorities said, forcing them to produce higher levels of tetrahydrocannabinol -- THC -- the main psychoactive substance found in the Cannabis plant. So potent are the buds that Molyneux estimated each is worth nearly $2,400 an ounce. One plant may have as many as 50 buds.

The plants' total worth? Undeterminable, as the largest plants can be harvested multiple times each year. Sold now, the plants could garner more than $500,000 authorities said.

At the Chutney Drive home, the plants were grown in a barn behind a half-constructed home.

Using electricity siphoned directly from a nearby neighbor's meter, the men and woman created a lighting system so sophisticated that each barn room was illuminated by up to 50 industrial-size light bulbs fabricating the brilliance of the sun. Humid air was extinguished by seven 5-ton air-conditioning units that maintained the rooms' moderate climate. The suspects' also had a legal power source. Their electric bill for September: $100.

Alabama Power officials met with investigators Tuesday to review the electrical system, and determine how the group had stolen the electricity without detection.

In a hearing Tuesday morning, authorities said all six people were denied bail, as prosecutors argued each is a flight risk. As of Tuesday night, each remained in the Mobile County Metro Jail.

2009 al.com. All rights reserved.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Ah how cute, they are tiny
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    *sniff* They grow up and get confiscated so fast.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    *sniff* They grow up and get confiscated so fast.
    Uh-oh, you sniffed! Do you suddenly feel unusually mellow and eager to eat junk foods?

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    Uh-oh, you sniffed! Do you suddenly feel unusually mellow and eager to eat junk foods?
    If he is mellow its because he ran out of coffee
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Second Chance is offline Be the last one standing
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Ah how cute, they are tiny
    Is that lamb weed.................
    Swamp Mafia

The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.
    ~Edmond Burke

Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and like it, never really care for anything else.
    ~Ernest Hemingway

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Follow me on twitter.........http://twitter.com/SecondChance122

Disclaimer: The opinions given in my signatures DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are MY PERSONAL OPINIONS and I accept sole responsibility as such.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    If he is mellow its because he ran out of coffee
    Never! I even have a survival kit with instant coffee and an MRE heater kit in it in my bailout bag. You know, the important stuff.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by lewisipso View Post
    Never! I even have a survival kit with instant coffee and an MRE heater kit in it in my bailout bag. You know, the important stuff.

We wouldn't want you to be mellow in a survival situation!

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Damn skippy.

Thread Information