Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Cidp24 is offline Tempus Fugit
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO

Officer on foot catches fleeing motorcycle

October 16, 2009 12:20 pm
    A League City TX motorcyclist's past caught up with him this afternoon when he tried to a flee a state trooper who was trying to pull him over for speeding.
    Friendswood police gave the following account of how Daniel Nuno, an 18-year-old League City, ended up in police custody.
    After leading the trooper on a chase that started in League City, Nuno was northbound on West Bay Area Boulevard when he encountered a wreck in the 3200 block of FM 528. This was around 12:20 p.m.
    Police, fire and EMS emergency vehicles were blocking the street, so Nuno tried to get around on a sidewalk. As he turned and hesitated for a moment, he was tackled by a Friendswood police officer on foot at the scene.
    Nuno and the officer fell to the ground, but neither was injured, and Nuno was soon found to have outstanding municipal warrants through League City.
    Friendswood police said his criminal history includes narcotics, family violence and burglary charges. In fact, Friendswood police said they arrested him in July on charges of burglary and possession of a controlled substance.
    Nuno has been out on bond awaiting the outcome of those cases, and now he's also charged with evading arrest.
    Nuno is being held at the Friendswood City Jail while he waits transfer to the Galveston County Jail on a $15,000 bond.

Wonder if he is a bulldogger in his spare time?
    "It wouldn't take much for me to up and run...
    to another life somewhere in the sun."
    "There's something inherently wrong with having to put on a bullet-proof vest and a gun to go to work."-(An old friend)

Any statements or opinions given in my postings or profile do not reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employer or anyone else other than me. They are my personal opinions or statements only, thereby releasing my employer , any other entity, or any other person of any liability or involvement in anything posted under the username "Cidp24" on O/R.

lewisipso is online now Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    A traffic violator was being looked for by a neighboring agency. As a co worker of mine and myself were on the parking lot the car passed by without seeing us. I told the other officer to go behind the car and I thought he was running to his car as I was. Ummm...no. He did go behind the car alright. On foot. I watched him chase the car for three blocks and do a traffic stop. Car went home and suspect went to jail.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Wow, awesome!

Thread Information