Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

92 year old woman in wheelchair arrested in Spain for smuggling cocaine

A 92-year-old woman with cocaine strapped to her body flew all the way from Brazil to Spain before police arrested her, in a wheelchair, at Madrid's airport.

They found 4.3 kilos, or nearly 9.5 pounds, of cocaine packets strapped to her legs and torso, and also arrested a 44-year-old female companion, who tried to escape on another plane, a Civil Guard spokeswoman told CNN Tuesday.

The two women, both from Uruguay, were arrested Friday after arriving in Madrid on a flight from Sao Paolo, Brazil. But officials did not release details about the case until this week, after a judge had arraigned the two on drug trafficking charges. The judge ordered the younger woman to prison but sent the 92-year-old to a senior citizens' home in Madrid.
    More here: Wheelchair user, 92, arrested for smuggling coke - CNN.com

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Whoopsy.
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Why did they send her to a home? She should be doing hard labor or some kind of punishment.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Why did they send her to a home? She should be doing hard labor or some kind of punishment.
    If she's confined to a wheelchair, they may have just nailed a 2x4 across the entrance to her room. In a lot of the homes there's electronic keypad locks to help prevent the dementia patients from wandering off. They're already set up to deal with the health issues of the elderly, and you can just about guarantee that she'll live out the rest of her life there. Since she's not in her home country, she won't really get a lot of visitors, and may never see her family again. Sounds like punishment to me.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    And here I figured she had to take care of the dirty old men as punishment

Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    "Aint no rest for the wicked, money don't grow on trees"

Hey, granny's got a habit to support.
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

pgg
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    If only she had gone to The Scooter Store to get her chair. Her regained mobility would have allowed her to escape

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    i guess its true what they say about senior citizens, although slow, and dangerous behind the wheel, they still can serve a purpose...dont you go dying on me now!
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

tapout is offline keepin it gangsta'
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    my fingers hurt

what?

my fingers hurt

oh your fingers hurt, well now your back's gonna hurt, cause you just pulled landscaping duty
    in the warriors code there's no surrender, though his body says stop, his spirit cries...NEVER. deep in our souls, a quiet ember, knows its you against you, its the paradox that drives us all. its a battle of wills, in the heat of attack, its the passion that kills, and victory is yours alone.

the posts and opinions stated by me do not in any way reflect the values, beliefs, or views of my department. they are simply opinions and/or observations which have been developed through my personal experiences. hell, most of the stories probably arent even true...wink wink

Thread Information