Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

LAPD Opens New Building

My Way News - LA officials to unveil $437M police headquarters
    LOS ANGELES (AP) - The Los Angeles Police Department is officially being handed the keys to its new headquarters.

Local officials including Mayor Antonio Villaraigosa and outgoing police Chief William Bratton are scheduled to open the gleaming 10-story, $437 million downtown structure Saturday morning.

The so-called Police Administration Building will replace Parker Center four blocks away. The 1955 facility has outlived its service life and is likely to be demolished.

Voters in 2002 approved a bond measure for new police facilities, and construction began on the new headquarters in 2007.

The new building features a broad glass front police say represents a new era of transparency for a department once resistant to public scrutiny.

Broad glass front eh? That sounds bomb proof. Oklahoma City anyone?

Sounds like the same retards who designed my HQ building worked on that one too. Although I bet they don't have a toilet in the DWI testing room like we do. And a video camera recording the whole time.

Geniuses.

The upside is, the warriors are on the street so you'd only be getting rid of dead weight anyway.
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

pgg
    pgg is online now Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Did you see the stupid sculptures they put up front? Apparently a certain percentage of any building construction funds must be dedicated to "art" for the building. If I meet the "artist" I want to smack him upside the head and arrest him for dope.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Oooh, pretty!

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Speaking of Oklahoma City....note the dumptruck parked in front of that bitch.

Yuk Yuk.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Odd
    Odd is offline Cosmonaut Trainer
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I'm fine with office buildings looking like Soviet era cement blocks (even if glass is more energy efficient...it's LA, if the windows opened you'd need no AC), and the art requirement on bonds bugs me. I'll just throw out this other view about a street bomb though :

Thread Information