Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Pudge is online now Site Admin
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Arizona Jails Iraqi Driver Accused of Running Down Daughter With His Car

PEORIA, Ariz. An Iraqi immigrant accused of running down his daughter with his car because she was becoming "too Westernized" was returned to Arizona Saturday to face aggravated assault charges.
    Faleh Almaleki was arrested Thursday when he arrived at Atlanta's airport, sent from the United Kingdom after authorities denied him entrance. He was returned to the Phoenix-area city of Peoria, booked and taken to a county jail.
    He is accused of striking and then running over his 20-year-old daughter and her boyfriend's mother with his Jeep on Oct. 20 as the women were walking across a Peoria parking lot.

Link to story below.

Arizona Jails Iraqi Driver Accused of Running Down Daughter With His Car - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com
    "Like" us on facebook! https://www.facebook.com/pages/Offic...93147194083228

Follow members of O/R as they tweet a "Ride a long" on their shifts on the front page of the site and on twitter at the following links:

www.twitter.com/PoliceRideAlong
    www.twitter.com/lewisipso
    www.twitter.com/ORgopher
    www.twitter.com/SecondChance122
    www.twitter.com/pojmm
    www.twitter.com/ORGIB

The opinions given in my posts & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Pudge" on Officerresource.com

Car 4 is offline CID Chief
    Verified LEO
    Interesting story. One of the last homicides I was responsible for was an honor killing of an 18 year old Sikh girl who was becomming "Too westernized". Dad got her 5 times with a .357 and was totally incensed that he was being arrested since killing his daughter was his "Right" under his religion and culture.

Car 4
    I would like my country back. I used to believe that one man could never destroy this country. Not so sure anymore!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    That is very sad. Hope they recover quickly.

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3

Muslim Arizona Man Arrested After Allegedly Running Down 'Westernized' Daughter

Apparently he thought he could hop a plane to the UK and escape. Not so fast, he was caught, shipped back to the US and arrested for aggravated assault. If his daughter dies I hope he is prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law.

These pinheads need to realize that we do things much differently in the US. We don't tolerate "honor killings" one bit. I am glad he was caught. If they don't like the way we do things here or are willing to asimilate they need to go back home where they came from.

Muslim Arizona Man Arrested After Allegedly Running Down 'Westernized' Daughter - Local News | News Articles | National News | US News - FOXNews.com

Iraqi Dad Back in Arizona Jail

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Sapper_132 is offline Master Turd Cutter
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    We should have turned Iraq into a giant glass ashtray!
    Just because your sign off after you're shift is done, doesn't mean that it's over and put blinders on. You're a cop 24/7 wether you like it or not. If thats something you can't handle, you should find a new line of work!

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    That is very sad. Hope they recover quickly.
    I would like to hear your opinion on this. Its seems the only ones upset by these acts, and they are increasing in numbers it seems, is conservatives. Liberals seem to falling all over themselves to "understand" and accept their "culture".
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Sapper_132 View Post
    We should have turned Iraq into a giant glass ashtray!
    + 1. Thank you for your service, Sapper.

Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    Oops. Apparently Pudge was reading the same article as me and was just a bit quicker than I. For some reason I didn't see it when I posted. My bad.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    If the liberals don't like it they can move over there, too. They have been brainwashed by the kool-aid that they drank.

Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Interesting story. One of the last homicides I was responsible for was an honor killing of an 18 year old Sikh girl who was becoming "Too westernized". Dad got her 5 times with a .357 and was totally incensed that he was being arrested since killing his daughter was his "Right" under his religion and culture.

Car 4
    I would have told him "Too Bad So Sad. The United States does not tolerate 'honor killings'. If you don't like that, leave our country and go back to yours." But thats just me.

Not a LEO

Bama512 is offline Master Officer
    Verified LEO
    Why flee to the west if you don't want to be exposed to western culture? Interesting to see what the daughter did to "deserve" death. Hard for me to imagine a world where women are treated as property and can be put down like euthanizing a dog for nothing more than becoming too westernized.

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I would like to hear your opinion on this. Its seems the only ones upset by these acts, and they are increasing in numbers it seems, is conservatives. Liberals seem to falling all over themselves to "understand" and accept their "culture".
    It's one thing to understand when people want to practice cultural differences that don't hurt anyone else, such as wearing a headcovering; it's another thing when someone uses them as an excuse to attempt murder (which is illegal even in Iraq, even though it might not be enforced as strictly).

bayern is online now Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    Heard on the news this morning SHE DIED. Now it murder,

ex401mp is offline Was betrachten Sie?
    Verified LEO
    That prick
    Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you, Jesus Christ and the American G.I.
    One died for your soul, the other for your freedom. ~ Anon

si hic carrus commovet non quaerete

RIP Scott L. Roth- Pfc 1st Platoon,401st MP Co, KIA 12/20/89- Operation Just Cause- Not forgotten.
    ALWAYS FIRST!!!

Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Rest in peace.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by Bama512 View Post
    Why flee to the west if you don't want to be exposed to western culture? Interesting to see what the daughter did to "deserve" death. Hard for me to imagine a world where women are treated as property and can be put down like euthanizing a dog for nothing more than becoming too westernized.
    It could be something as little as wearing western style clothing, speaking English to her friends of her own culture or ethnicity or associating with too many "westerners". From what I am told, they do treat their women as property over there and if they bring dishonor to their family by going against their culture, the Muslim religion dictates they can be killed as an "honor killing". They also have arranged marriages over there (as do the Sikhs) and sometimes women can be bought through the dowry system. Suitor pays parents for the bride. Hard for me to imagine, too.

I had an acquaintance that wanted to marry a Sikh woman. He was white. Her parents shipped her off to India to get her away from him.

Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
    It's one thing to understand when people want to practice cultural differences that don't hurt anyone else, such as wearing a headcovering; it's another thing when someone uses them as an excuse to attempt murder (which is illegal even in Iraq, even though it might not be enforced as strictly).
    AMEN!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bayern View Post
    Heard on the news this morning SHE DIED. Now it's murder,
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,571216,00.html

Yeah, it looks like he succeeded in his honor killing. If they don't fry him, I hope he goes to prison for a very long time (the rest of his life). Preferably in Sheriff Joe Arpaio's prison.

Quote Originally Posted by Car 4 View Post
    Interesting story. One of the last homicides I was responsible for was an honor killing of an 18 year old Sikh girl who was becoming "Too westernized". Dad got her 5 times with a .357 and was totally incensed that he was being arrested since killing his daughter was his "Right" under his religion and culture.

Car 4
    Interesting that you mention the Sikhs, Car 4. Which they are from Northern India for the most part. Normally they are peaceful people. I ride in a vanpool full of them and they were incensed at this Iraqi dude for pulling this crap. They tell me that they don't practice honor killings like the Muslims do. Their religion is actually closer to the Hindu's than Islam. Some of my current passengers have been in the US for over twenty years and are naturalized citizens. Most of them wear western style clothing, including the women. At least where I am at, they do.

How do you know that they were Sikhs? Maybe they were Muslims trying to pass themselves off as Sikhs? The reason I ask is that I can't tell a Iraqi, Iranian, Pashtun, Hindu, Sikh, etc from each other. Maybe you know something that I don't, which is entirely possible. They seem to be able to tell each other apart. Must be their names and language. It all sounds the same to me. I have to take their word for it. Before 9/11 most of them wore turbans. Now they are afraid to because they don't want to be lumped in with the Muslims and be discriminated against, harmed or killed. They still speak their own language amongst each other but most of them are fairly fluent in English since India used to be an English colony.

Not a LEO

TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    There was a Muslim in Dallas who killed BOTH of his teenage daughters for dating western boyfriends - here's one of the stories on that, with the 911 call:

http://abcnews.go.com/US/Story?id=4149405&page=1

(\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    There was a Muslim in Dallas who killed BOTH of his teenage daughters for dating western boyfriends - here's one of the stories on that, with the 911 call:

911 Calls Detail Dying Moment, Grisly Find - ABC News
    I remember hearing about that. I wonder if they ever caught the guy. If he made it back to Egypt, he better never set foot in the US again.

Not a LEO

Ducky is offline Enforcer General
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    I hope he gets the death penalty and it's a woman who gets to flip the switch.

Fucking rat bastard needs to be drawn and quartered.
    \\
    ` ` ` ` < ` )___/\
    `` ` ` ` (3--(____)
    "...but to forget your duck, of course, means you're really screwed." - Gary Larson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MtN1YnoL46Q

dadyswat is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    I hope our local one here in Columbus don't go south if she's returned to her parents. If something happens to her I would love to see the judges taken to task.

Thread Information