Welcome to the APBWeb.

Thread: Whoopsy

lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

Whoopsy

Couple slips though security to crash state dinner

WASHINGTON Crashing a state dinner at the White House apparently takes a security breakdown as well as some kind of nerve.
    The Secret Service is looking into its own security procedures after determining that a Virginia couple, Michaele and Tareq Salahi, managed to slip into Tuesday night's state dinner at the White House even though they were not on the guest list, agency spokesman Ed Donovan said.
    President Barack Obama was never in any danger because the party crashers went through the same security screening for weapons as the 300-plus people actually invited to the dinner honoring Indian Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Donovan said.
    Donovan confirmed the identities of the couple. The Washington Post, which first reported on their evening out, said the Salahis were well-known in the Virginia horse-country set and were being considered for the Bravo reality TV show "Real Housewives of D.C."
    In an interview with the "CBS Early Show" in September, Michaele Salahi said, "President Obama has made it very accessible for anyone to visit the White House, so that's like a big thing right now."

Couple slips though security to crash state dinner - Yahoo! News
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

We are who we choose to be.

R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Since they conned the job anyway, I initially thought the headline was a spoof on Osama and Mitchell.
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Twan007 is offline The People
    Verified LEO
    Lew, I saw that and just about fell out of my chair laughing - one of the most secure places in the world... and you're gonna crash it?

that's insane...

and SoFlaCop - rep inbound
    -=Twan007

Lack of planning on your part does not constitute an emergency on mine.

Not one shred of evidence supports the notion that life is serious.

The opinions expressed by this poster are wholly his own, and should never be construed to even remotely be in alignment with his employer. Matter of fact, the poster will deny any knowledge of any post... this message will self-destruct in 5 seconds...

Wolven is offline Major
    Verified LEO
    If that is any indication of where security is going in this country....we should all be very nervous.
    Never be afraid to do what's right, especially if the well-being of a person or animal is at stake. Society's punishments are small compared to the wounds we inflict on our soul when we look the other way" ~Martin Luther King, Jr

Five-0 is offline Super Moderator
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    My money is on the administration shot callers hamstringing the Service guys in order not to give the hollywood types a hard time.

Meanwhile, fishing in Russia:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SkzV5AIK8iM
    "When plunder becomes a way of life for a group of men living together in society, they create for themselves in the course of time a legal system that authorizes it and a moral code that justifies it." -- Frederic Bastiat

"Certainly there is no hunting like the hunting of man and those who have hunted armed men long enough and liked it, never really care for anything else thereafter." Ernest Hemingway

The opinions given in my signatures & threads DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "Five-0" on Officerresource.com

So Fla Cop is offline Trunk Monkey Supporter
    Verified LEO
    Quote Originally Posted by Twan007 View Post
    one of the most secure places in the world...
    Apparently not...... i wonder if they were terrorists and succeeded in whacking the frauds, if the former Osama administration would hold THAT trial in DC?
    September 11, 2001 - All gave some, some gave all. Never forget -- Never forgive.......... RIP Brothers and Sisters.

Thread Information