Welcome to the APBWeb.
    pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator

One way to fail a driving test

DMV tester injured in Petaluma crash | PressDemocrat.com | The Press Democrat | Santa Rosa, CA

DMV tester injured in Petaluma crash

By MARY CALLAHAN
    THE PRESS DEMOCRAT

Published: Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 8:01 a.m.
    Last Modified: Thursday, December 3, 2009 at 8:01 a.m.
    A DMV tester administering a driving test on a Petaluma street suffered major injuries when the car in which he was riding was struck by an oncoming motorist, Petaluma Police said.

Police said Roberto Mascardo, a Sausalito resident, was injured when the woman taking the test apparently turned left in front of the oncoming car on Sonoma Mountain Parkway on Wednesday morning.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quotes taken from the comments on the article.

Originally posted by e988o:

Here's the real problem in a nutshell: (And it's not the flood of illegals)

CA Veh Code Sec. 12500(a) -- driving without a license...is punishable by a $250. fine and/or up to 6 months in jail.

BUTT ---Traffic Commissioner Bonilla gets the $250.00 fine but NEVER, NEVER, NEVER, NEVER (I'll stop here) sentences ANYONE to ANY jail time.

The smirking, strutting offenders pay their fines, take off their translation headphones and walk out of court and DRIVE home.

In other words, the penalty for driving without a license (i.e. armed and dangerous) is a slap on the wrist. Until offenders do serious jail time...this deadly crime will continue.

Drive safely.
    Originally posted by newgavin:

Not to mention, this worthless beotch, is dismissing the driving without insurance charge, which is also a criminal offence with a fine and jail time required.

If there is any justice in the world, I hope she'll be the one whose life is destroyed by these people.
    Originally posted by sonorababy:

Geez, no driver's license? Could that be because he is not a legal citizen? Hmmmmmm
    Driving is a privilege, not a right.

Has anyone ever received jail time for driving without a license or insurance? All I have heard of is a fine. Maybe the fine needs to be raised along with jail time applied more often to make these people realize that this is a serious offense. Yes, the car usually get's towed and impounded but I don't think that is enough. Mind you this is California where the written driving tests are translated into just about every single language under the sun. I would not be surprised if for the actual driving part of the test that an interpreter has to be found to translate the instructions from the driving instructor if they aren't bilingual in the language needed at the moment.

Shortly before my wife and I were married, she was involved in a collision similar to this. She was turning left out of a private driveway onto a main road. She had to cross two lanes of traffic, one lane going straight and one lane turning left at a controlled intersection further up the road before being able to turn into her lane. Traffic was stopped waiting for the light. She was able to clear the first lane but not the second lane that was turning left. Some imbecile decided to go around the stopped traffic and enter the left turn lane and nailed my wife.

Even though my wife was deemed at fault, which we expected, this imbecile had no license to drive in this state, was not covered by insurance, ---and get this--- was an illegal alien. Didn't speak a word of English. Therefore the driver of the other car should not have been in this country at all, let alone driving on the road.

We later found out that the other parties car was insured but under his sister's name. He was "borrowing" it to run an errand. Their insurance company even had the gall to try and subpoena or sue my wife into court to pay for the damages. She was never home when they came by. Evidently the subpoena had to be served directly to my wife, because nothing ever came of it. Nevertheless, my wife's parent's insurance company dropped her off the policy but said that if this case ever went to court that they would fight the case for her.

I am so sick and tired of my country and state catering to illegals.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information