Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Toby Keith performs at Nobel Peace Prize concert, dismissing criticism about his support for war

There's no reason to apologize for supporting U.S. war efforts, American country singer Toby Keith said Friday, just hours before performing at the annual Nobel Peace Prize concert.Keith, whose 2002 saber-rattling hit "Courtesy of the Red, White and Blue (The Angry American)" was inspired by the Sept. 11 terrorist attacks, said he stands by President Barack Obama's decision to send 30,000 troops to Afghanistan.
    Keith's appearance at the downtown Oslo Spektrum arena, scheduled for 1900 GMT (2 p.m. EST), has been questioned by Norwegians dismayed that a performer known for a fervent pro-war anthem is playing at a show focused on peace.
    The musician dismissed the criticism.
    "If President Obama has to send (more) troops into Afghanistan to fight evil, I'll pull for our guys to win, and I won't apologize for it," Keith said. "I'm an American, and I do pull for our team to fight evil."
    More here: The Associated Press: Toby Keith stands by war before Nobel peace show

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Toby Kieth is a true American. What these brainwashed POS peace activists don't seem to want to realize is that there are people in this world who want to kill you, do evil unto you or any number of atrocities unto you just for who you are and stand for. Because of this, sometimes you have to fight a war to gain peace. They would rather we talk to them, hold hands and sing Kumbaya. It doesn't work that way. Never has.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

thanantos is offline Officer First Class
    Verified LEO
    That is pretty much what Obama said in his acceptance speech.

As someone who stands here as a direct consequence of Dr. King’s life work, I am living testimony to the moral force of non-violence. I know there’s nothing weak — nothing passive — nothing na´ve — in the creed and lives of Gandhi and King.

But as a head of state sworn to protect and defend my nation, I cannot be guided by their examples alone. I face the world as it is, and cannot stand idle in the face of threats to the American people. For make no mistake: Evil does exist in the world. A non-violent movement could not have halted Hitler’s armies. Negotiations cannot convince al Qaeda’s leaders to lay down their arms. To say that force may sometimes be necessary is not a call to cynicism — it is a recognition of history; the imperfections of man and the limits of reason.”
    The truth is you're the weak, and I am the tyranny of evil men.
    But I'm tryin' Ringo.
    I'm tryin'...real hard...to be the shepherd.

DSAM-MI.org

Thread Information