Welcome to the APBWeb.
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member

Colorado's Green Rush: medical marijuana

Colorado voters legalized medical marijuana in 2000. For years, patients could get small amounts from "caregivers," the term for growers and dispensers who could each supply only five patients. In 2007, a court lifted that limit and business boomed.
    Between 2000 and 2008, the state issued about 2,000 medical marijuana cards to patients. That number has grown to more than 60,000 in the last year.
    State Sen. Chris Romer, a Democrat whose south Denver district includes Broadsterdam, said the state receives more than 900 applications a day.
    "It's growing so fast, it's like the old Wild West," Romer said. "This reminds me of 1899 in Cripple Creek, Colorado, when somebody struck gold. Every 49er in the country is making it for Denver to open a medical marijuana dispensary."
    They're calling it the Green Rush.
    More here: Colorado's Green Rush: Medical marijuana - CNN.com

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    It's a bunch of BS. I've dealt with at least a dozen MMJ people in the past 6 months. Not one of them had any sort of condition that would necessitate a normal and reasonable person needing any sort of pain therapy. And the average age of the users has been 18-25. Really? Chronic headaches? Joint pain from an old surgery? Gah.
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Xiphos is offline I Void Warranties
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Luckily, that insanity hasn't made it here yet...
    Pleasing nobody, one person at a time.

That which does not kill me, better start fucking running.

If I lived every day like it was my last, the body count would be staggering.

I intend to go in harm's way. -John Paul Jones

Hunt the wolf, and bring light to the dark places that others fear to go. LT COL Dave Grossman

121Traffic is offline Just Us
    Verified LEO
    Site Moderator
    This is about par for the course with the typical MMJ users I've encountered.

Quote Originally Posted by 9news.com
    BRECKENRIDGE (AP) - Two people severely burned in a house fire near Breckenridge appear to have been trying to make hashish.

Officials say the victims were approved to grow medical marijuana. They were taken to Denver-area hospitals for treatment.
    9NEWS.com | Denver | Colorado's Online News Leader | Investigators: 2 burned trying to make hashish
    "If anything worthwhile comes of this tragedy, it should be the realization by every citizen that often the only thing that stands between them and losing everything they hold dear... is the man wearing a badge." -- Ronald Reagan, in the wake of the deaths of 4 CHP troopers in the Newhall Incident, 1970

The opinions given in my posts DO NOT reflect the opinions, views, policies, and/or procedures of my employing agency. They are my personal opinions only, thereby releasing my agency of any liability, or involvement in anything posted under the username "121Traffic" on O/R.

Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Meanwhile, here in NJ......

Testimony is expected to begin Tuesday in the trial of John Wilson, charged with growing marijuana at his Franklin, Somerset County, home.The case has generated statewide attention because Wilson suffers from multiple sclerosis and he has said he was trying to alleviate the pain of the disease with home-grown marijuana.

On Aug. 18, 2008, a National Guard helicopter pilot spotted Wilson's marijuana patch on Skillmans Lane in Franklin behind Wilson's rented home and township detectives arrested him, seizing 17 marijuana plants, some 6 feet tall, authorities said.

Trial to start of MS patient charged with growing marijuana | mycentraljersey.com | MyCentralJersey.com

pgg
    pgg is offline Damnit, I'm hungry again.
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    I'm sorry, but the whole medical marijuana thing is such bullshit. Take a look at all the idiots we deal with up here with "recommendations" and tell me it isn't. To listen to some of these so called doctors marijuana is the end all cure all of every ailment known to man.
    'Political Correctness is a doctrine fostered by a
    delusional, illogical liberal minority, and rabidly
    promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which
    holds forth the proposition that it is entirely
    possible to pick up a turd by the clean end!'

A fear of weapons is a sign of retarded sexual and emotional maturity. Sigmund Freud

CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Quote Originally Posted by pgg View Post
    I'm sorry, but the whole medical marijuana thing is such bullshit. Take a look at all the idiots we deal with up here with "recommendations" and tell me it isn't. To listen to some of these so called doctors marijuana is the end all cure all of every ailment known to man.
    You're absolutely right, PGG. It is BS. These idiots are only looking for an excuse to get high, and there are enough boneheaded liberal doctors in our state that will pander to them, too. If any medical professional gives out scripts for MMJ, they need to have their license revoked permanently, IMO.

I have a former brother-in-law that was trying to get a script so he could have an excuse to smoke the crap. The doctors had found that he had a cyst on one of his kidneys that had to be removed, and he had some residual pain left over from the operation. The doctors told him that they would have to test the cyst for cancer. It was found to be benign, yet he still insists that he had cancer. He discovered that he couldn't pull that BS with me because I have had cancer. I don't know if he succeeded in getting a script. He and my wife's sister moved up to Oregon shortly after getting evicted from their apartment here.

If a doctor thinks he needs to give me a script for MMJ, he had better give it to me in pill form because there is no way in hell that I am going to smoke that crap. Especially after losing my father to lung and brain cancer after smoking cigarettes for 40 years. Not happening.

Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

Not a LEO

In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.

Thread Information