Welcome to the APBWeb.
Results 1 to 9 of 9
  1. #1
    lewisipso's Avatar
    lewisipso is offline Injustice/Indifference/In God we trust
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Verified LEO
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    02-02-07
    Location
    Louisiana
    Posts
    14,658
    Rep Power
    6822866

    LA homeless benefit from knockoff seizures

    LOS ANGELES, Dec. 24 (UPI) -- Thousands of people in Los Angeles area homeless shelters will get free [COLOR=blue ! important][COLOR=blue ! important]shoes[/COLOR][/COLOR] for Christmas, footwear confiscated from counterfeiters, police said.

    LA homeless benefit from knockoff seizures - UPI.com
    Do not war for peace. If you must war, war for justice. For without justice there is no peace. -me

    We are who we choose to be.

    R.I.P. Arielle. 08/20/2010-09/16/2012


  2. #2
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    America, 2505 A.D.
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    3732192
    Ohhh....now THAT'S why that bum who showed me his wiener was wearing Air Gordons. It makes perfect sense now.....
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

  3. #3
    CTR man's Avatar
    CTR man is offline Officer First Class
    Supporting Member Lvl 3
    Join Date
    05-20-06
    Location
    Ceres, CA
    Posts
    4,965
    Rep Power
    1169022
    Here I thought this was about Louisiana.


    Choose The Right. When you're doing whats right, then you have nothing to worry about.

    Not a LEO

    In memory of Sgt. Howard K. Stevenson 1965 - 2005. Ceres Police Dept.
    In memory of Robert N. Panos 1955 - 2008 Ceres Police Dept.









  4. #4
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224951
    That's a pretty good use for them, but what's to prevent those people from reselling the stuff and thus putting it back on the street as brand names?

    The only way to prevent that would be to destroy the tags and remove all the manufacturer's names and logos from all 10,000 pairs of shoes and their boxes - a monumental task, I would think, but with a bunch of volunteers it could be done.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  5. #5
    Bob Loblaw's Avatar
    Bob Loblaw is offline Dwayne Elizondo Mountain Dew Herbert Camacho
    Verified LEO
    Join Date
    05-16-06
    Location
    America, 2505 A.D.
    Posts
    2,840
    Rep Power
    3732192
    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    That's a pretty good use for them, but what's to prevent those people from reselling the stuff and thus putting it back on the street as brand names?

    The only way to prevent that would be to destroy the tags and remove all the manufacturer's names and logos from all 10,000 pairs of shoes and their boxes - a monumental task, I would think, but with a bunch of volunteers it could be done.

    And now, if I may, my impression of TXChuck if he won the lottery:

    "Well, I guess there'd be a lot of taxes to pay. And you'd have to buy a new wallet. Geez..."

    Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna
    he (Obama) doesn't have a birth certificate because he wasn't born, he was created in a Muslim witch's cauldron!
    Quote Originally Posted by Buttercup View Post
    I must admit, there have been few pieces of meat I've ever jammed into my mouth that have been as satisfying as Bob's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gecko45 "The Mall Ninja"
    Vietnam still shudders when it hears the name of a an assasin so skillful and deadly, he is remembered decades later
    Reca is the best thing since sliced bread!

  6. #6
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224951
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    And now, if I may, my impression of TXChuck if he won the lottery:

    "Well, I guess there'd be a lot of taxes to pay. And you'd have to buy a new wallet. Geez..."
    It will be hard, but I think I can work it out as long as it's over $4 million

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

  7. #7
    Jenna's Avatar
    Jenna is offline sheep
    Premium Lifetime Member
    Join Date
    06-11-06
    Posts
    24,148
    Rep Power
    4764592
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    And now, if I may, my impression of TXChuck if he won the lottery:

    "Well, I guess there'd be a lot of taxes to pay. And you'd have to buy a new wallet. Geez..."

    Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.


    Quote Originally Posted by TXCharlie View Post
    It will be hard, but I think I can work it out as long as it's over $4 million
    What if it's $3.99 million?

  8. #8
    Buttercup's Avatar
    Buttercup is offline Thrives in sunshine
    Supporting Member Lvl 1
    Join Date
    04-29-06
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    18,034
    Rep Power
    4251557
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Loblaw View Post
    And now, if I may, my impression of TXChuck if he won the lottery:

    "Well, I guess there'd be a lot of taxes to pay. And you'd have to buy a new wallet. Geez..."

    Thank you, thank you. I'll be here all week. Try the veal.




  9. #9
    TXCharlie's Avatar
    TXCharlie is offline Former & Future Reserve Officer
    Join Date
    12-29-05
    Location
    Dallas Area
    Posts
    5,528
    Rep Power
    3224951
    Quote Originally Posted by Jenna View Post

    What if it's $3.99 million?
    Then I may have to write one of those emails like I get from Nigeria to raise the rest of it.

    (\__/)
    (='.'=) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
    (")_(") signature to help him gain world domination.

 

 

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •